HELP!Who can replace the theme from setup files

i want to integrate a different theme into the i386 folder, but i don't want the default windows xp theme, i want to delete it and add a new one.

NOT $OEM$ method ,but directly modify the setup files.

i have used RyanVM integrator, but it doesn't work yet.

WHO CAN HELP ME!

Check wich .CAB file contains the style, remove it and place your own in it, use makecab.exe to create cab file again. But I really do not recommend this... you can have lot more options if you do it like this:

Remove themes, cursors and windows Sounds (but not beep driver) with nLite, add style+themefile it in the $OEM$ folder, because then you can put in your winnt.sif you want YOUR .theme as default.

BTW I think you might be confused with a .theme file (a text file that has the location of a visual style (msstyle), Cursors, Soundscheme, Wallpaper) and .msstyle, only the visual style).

So you can have your own style, cursors and soundscheme with a custom theme file + msstyle thats in your $OEM$ folder. Cursors/soundscheme you can extract during RunOnceEx.

Edited by ZileXa

Check wich .CAB file contains the style, remove it and place your own in it, use makecab.exe to create cab file again. But I really do not recommend this... you can have lot more options if you do it like this:

Remove themes, cursors and windows Sounds (but not beep driver) with nLite, add style+themefile it in the $OEM$ folder, because then you can put in your winnt.sif you want YOUR .theme as default.

BTW I think you might be confused with a .theme file (a text file that has the location of a visual style (msstyle), Cursors, Soundscheme, Wallpaper) and .msstyle, only the visual style).

So you can have your own style, cursors and soundscheme with a custom theme file + msstyle thats in your $OEM$ folder. Cursors/soundscheme you can extract during RunOnceEx.

can you point out which CAB file contain these? i don't want to install them through $OEM$ for my own reason. i prefer to replace the certain .CAB file.

Thank you very much.

WHO CAN HELP ME!

Without sounding too snotty, you can help yourself by performing a search of this forum. This topic has been covered again and again, with great success. Good luck.

how do you think i'm snotty. if you think someone asks for help is just a snotty thing, you're boorish!

@ Ayanamist

Please read and digest before commenting

and especially dont come to this forum and almost immediately start calling people names!

blinkdt said that he was not wanting to sound snotty, he made no derogatory comment towards yourself.