Native Driver Update For Windows 98 SE

FoxHound

I just intalled a new Video Card and I can't seem to find the right driver for it.And yes I searched Driverguide.Isn't there any way to backup all the Native Drivers of Windows XP and Intall em' on Windows 98 SE? If I intalled my new driver on a Windows XP system, the OS would recognize it right away.Catch my Drift?

Edited by FoxHound

Yes she did listen (or rather, read) what you wrote.

No, you cannot use Windows XP drivers on Windows 9x system's.

You CAN find the proper drivers by going to Diamond's website (just search for it). I did it once. You'll need to fill out a form there and they will email you with a link to their full driver setup.

It's possible the one you got on driverguide was not the one for your card. It's also possible that you haven't installed the AGP Gart drivers for your motherboard's AGP chipset and that once you did that your driver (if it's the correct one) would work.

9x operating systems had very few native drivers except for some very old one's, and those were always surpassed by drivers released by the hardware manufacturer's just like on XP.

Edited by Eck

Windows XP drivers cannot be used in Windows 9x.

All original Rendition drivers are here: http://download.micron.com/downloads/itg/Drivers.zip

All od Diamond MM drivers are here: http://www.diamondmm.com/driversbefore912003.php

If they don't work then you have bad luck.

You can always use generic VGA driver in Windows 9x but has low resolution.

Petr