Start a Program when the Gui loads!?

Hi

is it possible to start an Application while the XP Setup Gui is loading? DetachedProgram isnt the right because it starts after reg. the *.cat files when gui loading is finished

Sereby

Edited by Sereby

I guess u have two options that I can think off:

1. Hve some kind of OS that u can execute the command from (WinPE or BartPe) or;

2. Winnt32.exe /? provides you with the following optional parameter(s):

Ex.

<Winnt32.exe /cmd:command>

Description:

"cmd:command_line Instructs Setup to execute a specific command before the final phase of Setup. This occurs after your computer has restarted and after Setup has collected the necessary configuration information, but before Setup finishes."

Hope it helps..

Check out the RVM Integrator and integrate your app into your install. Link is in my sig. follow that page to the forum. Good luck.

Probably easier to send you to siginet.ryanvm.net then click on the integrator link.

Edited by VCC

why should i use siginets integrator? i dont want to run the app at t-13 i dont want to run it at t-39 via detached program i want to run it before all of this.

and i did it by myself.. i wrote me a setup.exe in vb6 which calls a .cmd file where i can start my app and this setup.exe is loading the original setup after the cmd is runned.

so thx for no help and for no understanding

Edited by Sereby

yes that would be nice becuse if they would read my first post they would know what i want and then say me why should i use t-13 if i need if much more earlier or how siginets integrator could help me with that? just read my first post and then think about it and then answer..

Well you could have been more specific as to when you want it to be executed. And we are trying to help. We could just not answer and not try to help.

So you wanted it at like T-between 39 and 13 huh... oh well.

Edited by T D

Well, the fact that people trying to help did not give you the right answer does not mean that you are allowed to be rude.

The idea behind these kind of forums is that people asks questions and people willing to help TRY to help, no result is guaranteed.

I already read your post and, since this is not really my field of expertise and I did not fully understand your requirements, I refrained from posting an answer I was not sure about, but others, quite evidently "in good faith" tried to help you, and, as I see it, they do not deserve to be thanked like you did.

jaclaz

Alright sir!

We are sorry for the inconvenience!

And the solution you posted in your 3rd post was done

by Pyron on this forum, afew years ago.

You can search for more details and workarounds.