[Question] How to create a silent IntelliPoint add-on?

Keeperos

Hi, I have a MS IntelliMouse Optical (the basic one with the side buttons) and want to silently install the IntelliPoint setup.

However I cannot for the life of me find how to do it.

I spotted somewhere here a way fro the 5.5 version but this one doesn't work right.

I have set the middle button for a Double-click, however, for several applications (usually games) I need the mouse button to be set for Auto-Scroll for them to properly detect it (with D-click they think the middle button is again a left click).

With 5.0, there is no such customization, with 5.2 such customization is supposed to exist but it never worked for me.

With 4.12 however everything works as it should and since mine is an older model it is supported by this version.

So, if anyone knows how to silently install the 4.12 version OR knows how to make the 5.2 version work with the program-specific button settings let me know please!

All input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

(P.S. I KNOW there is at least a 5.5 version and maybe even a 6.0 but that freekin' MS Download wizard insists that I should get the 5.2... weird...)

Edited by Keeperos

Erm... yeah, I don't have a problem to make an add-on (I use nLite Add-On Maker instead but same difference), I just couldn't make it to work silently...

However I figured, why the hell won't the wizard let me DL the 5.5 version...

So, I simply put a newer mouse model in the selector and bam, I got the 5.5 link.

After that all was easy, the 5.5 FINALLY worked correctly (naturally it supported my mouse as well) and then I was able to follow spacesurfer's simple method, I just put "mm=3 /qr /norestart" as the switch and renamed/moved a couple of files since apparently, the msi installation doesn't read the language ini but instead assumes that the installation is for the english version but other than that worked perfectly so if anyone needs the same kind of help then I suggest you get the 5.5 version and follow spacesurfer's guide (or the post bellow his own where tresans suggests an alternate way by editing the oemsetup.ini (although I couldn't find that ini in the DL-able version)).

Ok, guys, one problem solved, one more to check (see the shockwave issue for which Shark007 provided a solution)

Later

Edited by Keeperos