W32/Blaster-A Virus or Not?

Hi,

I seem to be having quite a few problems on my network. These problems range from not being able to copy & paste (paste is greyed out), svchost.exe errors, to not being able to double click anything to open - including event view errors. All of these problems are fixed temporarly with a re-boot of the offending machine. The error I mainly get from within the event viewer is the following:

Source: EventSystem

Catagory: Event System

EventID: 4097

Description:

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal

processing. HRESULT was 800706BA from line 42 of .

\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services

to report this error.

I use Sophos Anti Virus to protect all machines and the latest IDEs are put out machine every morning automatically as they are downloaded via the Sophos website.

I know that most if not all of the symptoms I have quickly described sound like the W32/Blaster-A virus, but whenever I run any of the disinfectent utils from Sophos or Symantec etc. they always come back with the fact that they havn't found any virus??

I am in the process of running the disinfect utils and patching all my servers at the moment but as I have over 400 clients that need this doing to them as well, I thought I would check to see if everyone thinks the problem is the virus or not.

Anyone??

Cheers.