Need help re-writing a pathetically professional letter

BrainDrain

Hey all, a friend asked me to fix a friends computer, they sent it via post.

This friend of a freind wrote the letter in a stupidly-professional-formal-corporate style, I need help writing a responce ;

This is the best ive gotten it so far:

Hi Carol, the problem you discussed in your letter is because of two things, your computer only had 128mb of RAM in it, and had a large amount of this RAM used by the Hewlett Packard firmware for your computer. I have decided to go about remedying your problem by installing an additional 64mb of RAM, and also upgrading excluding your HP drivers.

I have also installed Windows Server 2003 on your computer, as Adam explained that you had tried Windows XP, which was too slow. Server 2003 is for business computers, it is built to be fast, and reliable, whereas Windows XP was built for computers with large CPU’s and graphics cards and therefore has a lot of peripheral software.

Windows Server 2003 should go faster than Windows 98 did on this computer, however it should not freeze like Windows 98 did while I was diagnosing the state of your computer.

Your modem was of a model I am well aware of and have had problems with before, an Aztech HP standard modem, however this modem was not supported by Windows XP and HP never bothered to update the modem drivers because of its inefficiency, and the lack of reliability of the modem. I have upgraded your modem to a Progmatic 56k modem which should give you faster speeds and fewer disconnections. As I do not have your camera I cannot test the Kodak Easy-share software problem as much as I would have liked to be able to, however I have setup Kodak Easy-share, and it should be able to send photographs properly now.

If you believe emails are still not getting through, please try accessing them via www.xtramail.co.nz, Xtra’s webmail site, Outlook Express simply downloads the emails from this website. Doing this will ensure the emails really are in your email account.

I have not needed to change your email address, it is still at *heremail*.

Kind Regards, Andrew

Can anyone here help re-write it to sound as over-the-top-corporate as possible?

What was the orginial letter, i have been writing professional letters in all formal communities, in my professional experience it is standard practice to examine and partially proof-read the orginial document to send an apporiate reply. If you would like to continue with my assistance please do reply and please submit the orginial letter sent to your address (i.e. email, fax, etc). In the event you do not have any means to continue please reply to this response in your own means. Thank you and have a great day.