spare palm IIIc

prx984

well, i have a spare palm IIIc with a bad display, its going red now everytime i turn it on. i hear is a special gas in the fluorescent tube is being eaten away, and is imbalanced, but w/e i dont care lol. its dieing as far as im concered.

anyway, i was wondering if anyone knew of a different OS i could load onto it to mess around with. i wanna try linux da, but it says it only works with palm III, IIIx, IIIxe and others, but but not the IIIc, and it doesnt have any way of typing or syncing, and im not paying for it, its not worth it on my end <_<

anyhoo, i wanted to try a IIIxe image from the IIIc OS 4.1 upgrade disk i bought a while back, but it failed in mid transfer lol. so meh, i went back to OS 4.1. i also tried 3.5 that i had backed up from when i originally had 3.5 but that didnt work (stupid palm os emulator -_-)

thanks for reading guys

Edited by Cygnus

right here for ya :) lemme know how it works out. im interested lol

and thats gotta be the fastest reply i have ever gotten on msfn :blink:

edit: i forgot that you need a 98 or me box to use it >_<

Edited by Cygnus

what are they doing? usually if you keep hitting the reset button you can get em to go.

Palm III and Palm IIIxe... I tried the reset button a bunch of times... The backlight would just illuminate every time I tried. :wacko:

my pilot personal was doing that, then i opened it up and took out the memory card for a little while, put it back in after cleaning it, then started it up. then it worked.

edit: oh, another thing, theres a ton of small ribbon cables that i hear have a tendency to pop out. open the III's up and re-insert all the ribbon cables, you never know that may help too.

edit2: heres what you do with a palm iiic when it serves no useful purpose :lol:

im000867kq8.th.jpg

Edited by Cygnus