Allowable usage of imaging software

Xpaninity

"According to Acronis software licensing policy, you need to purchase one copy of Acronis program for every computer where it will be used." 24 July 2006

This is the answer I got direct from Acronis pre-sales support when copying and pasting your question (without the Ghost 2003 part!).

Hope this is useful,

- Taj

Edited by taj

This is strange, since in a corporate environment hundreds of machines are usually Ghosted simultaneously.

Not that the authorities would come and check if you've been using your copy on more than one machine... :lol:

This is strange, since in a corporate environment hundreds of machines are usually Ghosted simultaneously.

Not that the authorities would come and check if you've been using your copy on more than one machine... :lol:

Maybe it would be a ghostly shadow if they did.

To be honest I think by using a bootable media included in a product like True Image or Ghost, it is a bit different than by installing it and using it on a regular basis on the licensed machine. But that is only an idea, because it is not really justifiable, as it is of course against the license terms.

...and the same is true with Ghost too btw.

Further, I believe [tho i'm not sure of the details] that Ghost leaves a trace on any ghosted image that you have deployed/created.

Just so you know.. :)

Nath.

...and the same is true with Ghost too btw.

Further, I believe [tho i'm not sure of the details] that Ghost leaves a trace on any ghosted image that you have deployed/created.

Just so you know.. :)

Nath.

This has been my concern!