Adding $OEM$ Folder to WinX64

Hi people quick question is it possible to Add the $OEM$ Folder to WinX64..I put it on the cd in the same place as you would win86 but nothing happens.....Also is there any known resource hacker from X64 as id love to personilse my installation like i have with my x86 version

• 1 month later...

$OEM$ folder must be placed on the root dir on CD/DVD (with AMD64 and I386 folders). You should check your winnt.sif. There is some key that allows copying this folder to the disk.

Everything works the same when doing a XP64 unattended install as it is when doing an XP32 unattended install.

The only exception is that the WinNT.sif file goes into the i386 folder when working with XP32, but you put the sif file into the AMD64 folder when working with XP64.

All the documentation that can be found here: http://unattended.msfn.org applies the same to both 32bit and 64bit Windows with that one exception.

What exactly does the install say that it cannot find? There could be a number of reasons that you're having problem. If you tell us the exact error then we'll be better able to help you.

Everything works the same when doing a XP64 unattended install as it is when doing an XP32 unattended install.

The only exception is that the WinNT.sif file goes into the i386 folder when working with XP32, but you put the sif file into the AMD64 folder when working with XP64.

All the documentation that can be found here: http://unattended.msfn.org applies the same to both 32bit and 64bit Windows with that one exception.

What exactly does the install say that it cannot find? There could be a number of reasons that you're having problem. If you tell us the exact error then we'll be better able to help you.

I have never did xp32 unattended install.It is the first time i make unattended install. I think that is my problems. Howerver, i have still some questions. I use nlite to integrate my DVD.The item "option" in the section menu, I found "Run Once",and i have put

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D \"MSN Messenger 8.1\" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D \"%systemdrive%\install\MsnMsgs.msi /qn\" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D \"Office 2003 \" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D \"%systemdrive%\install\Office 2003\PRO11.msi /QB\" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D \"Cleaning Up and Rebooting\" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D \"%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd\" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /VE /D \"Alcohol 120 \" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 1 /D \"%systemdrive%\install\alcohol\setup.exe /qn \" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\alcohol\register.reg"

This is my RunOnceEx.cmd:

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D \"Installing Applications \" /f

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D \"%systemdrive%\install\Office 2003\PRO11.msi /QB\" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\alcohol\register.reg"

EXIT

Nothing happen after i install xp64?I not sure if my cmd. has problems.Could you correct for me?

You have a couple of problems here.

First, you're setting the title key before you've defined what %KEY% is.

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

Next, you're biggest problem is the cleanup and reboot you do in the middle of things:

I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but your best bet is to start slow and follow the documentation here: http://unattended.msfn.org. It provides excellent step by step guides to doing everything.

I would not jump head-first into using a tool like nLite, especially if you're going to try to have it do everything you want the first time out. Without knowing what goes into an unattended install you have no way of troubleshooting your problems.

Personally, I always start with just getting a basic unatteneded install working. Don't do any applications, don't to any patches, don't do anything except automate the installation of Windows. Once you have that working correctly and you're not getting any errors, then move on to the next step. That next step could be anything, but I'd go with application installs. Start with something easy. If you're going to use the RunOnceEx method, start with a simple application. Make sure the process works before you go tossing a bunch of other apps in there.

Once you have a grasp on how things are supposed to work, then you can troubleshoot problems when they do come up.

If, on the other hand, you would rather just use nLite there's nothing wrong with that. It's a good tool and I myself use it quite often. I would still suggest you take things slow. Get a basic unattended Windows install working, then add a simple application and so on. Take things one step at a time.

You have a couple of problems here.

First, you're setting the title key before you've defined what %KEY% is.

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

Next, you're biggest problem is the cleanup and reboot you do in the middle of things:

I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but your best bet is to start slow and follow the documentation here: http://unattended.msfn.org. It provides excellent step by step guides to doing everything.

I would not jump head-first into using a tool like nLite, especially if you're going to try to have it do everything you want the first time out. Without knowing what goes into an unattended install you have no way of troubleshooting your problems.

Personally, I always start with just getting a basic unatteneded install working. Don't do any applications, don't to any patches, don't do anything except automate the installation of Windows. Once you have that working correctly and you're not getting any errors, then move on to the next step. That next step could be anything, but I'd go with application installs. Start with something easy. If you're going to use the RunOnceEx method, start with a simple application. Make sure the process works before you go tossing a bunch of other apps in there.

Once you have a grasp on how things are supposed to work, then you can troubleshoot problems when they do come up.

If, on the other hand, you would rather just use nLite there's nothing wrong with that. It's a good tool and I myself use it quite often. I would still suggest you take things slow. Get a basic unattended Windows install working, then add a simple application and so on. Take things one step at a time.

Thank you for your suggestions and correction. You help me alot. The here(http://gosh.msfnhosting.com/using_runonceex.htm) can not be linked when i go to http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/31/. I think this link is important. Any way , Could you check again "the RunOnceEx.cmd " for me?

This is my RunOnceEx.cmd:

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D \"Cleaning Up and Rebooting\" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D \"%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd\" /f

EXIT

I know that it is better to understand how to work before i use nlite.Any way, could you know the switch of DT403 in xp64? In fact, i have lean something before i want those application to run automatically,but some links of teaching about runonce can not be linked.That is why i not know very well.

I have used addonmaker to create DT403 xp64 addon, but it not work.

I have write cmd script about DT4.03 xp64.Here is my script:

ECHO.

ECHO 正在安裝daemon403-x64

ECHO 請稍候...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\daemon403-x64\daemon403.exe /qb REBOOT=Suppress

I heard some people said that the switch of DT4.03 is /qb REBOOT=Suppress , but it not work.

I have used this switch in alcohol xp64 , but it is useless as well.

I'am very sure that REBOOT=Suppress has no problems,because it has to reboot in the middle of installing.

I thnk the \" characters in your batch file may be what's causing the problems. I'm only guessing because I don't know exactly what's happening with your installs. Other than that everything looks okay.

I can still not install automatically my applications. My start.cmd is below:

CLS
@echo off
TITLE Windows XP64 SP1 - Unattended Installation

ECHO.
ECHO Over the next few minutes you will see automated installations

ECHO.
ECHO Removing Wallpapers and Screensavers...
DEL "%systemroot%\*.bmp"
DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\*.jpg"
DEL "%systemroot%\system32\dllcache\*.scr"
DEL "%systemroot%\system32\*.scr"

ECHO.
ECHO Removing useless shortcuts...
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Update.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Set Program Access and Defaults.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Catalog.lnk"

ECHO.
ECHO Installing MSN Messenger 8.1
ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MSN\MsnMsgs.msi /qn"

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Office2003XP
ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Office2003XP\PRO11.msi /QB

ECHO.
ECHO Installing daemon403-x64
ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\daemon403-x64\daemon403.exe /qb REBOOT=Suppress

ECHO.
ECHO Installing alcohol
ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\applications\alcohol\setup.exe /qn Reboot=Suppress

ECHO.
ECHO Deleting Temp Installation Files...
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Drivers
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install

EXIT

My winnt.SIF is below:

; Generated by nLite 1.0.1

[Data]
AutomaticUpdates = "Yes"
Autopartition = 0
MsDosInitiated = 0
UnattendedInstall = "Yes"

[Unattended]
UnattendMode = FullUnattended
UnattendSwitch = "Yes"
OemPreinstall = "Yes"
OemSkipEula = "Yes"
FileSystem = *
WaitForReboot = "No"
NoWaitAfterTextMode = 1
NoWaitAfterGUIMode = 1
DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy = Ignore

[SetupData]
OSLoadOptionsVar = "/noexecute=alwaysoff"

[Display]
Xresolution = 800
Yresolution = 600
BitsPerPel = 32
Vrefresh = 75

[SystemRestore]

[SetupParams]
SkipMissingFiles = "No"

[GuiUnattended]
EncryptedAdminPassword = "No"
AdminPassword = *
TimeZone = 220
OEMSkipRegional = 1
OemSkipWelcome = 1

[Components]

[UserData]
ProductKey = "XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"
ComputerName = HOME
FullName = "Patrick final version"
OrgName = "Final Version"

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup = 9
SystemLocale = "0404"
UserLocale = "0404"
UserLocale_DefaultUser = "0404"
InputLocale = "0404:e0020404"
InputLocale_DefaultUser = "0404:e0020404"

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents = "Yes"

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup = "WORKGROUOP"

[GuiRunOnce]
%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

I can not install automatically my applications after i create those script.Could someone help me to correct my script?

Edited by PatrickEmpire