How hard must it be!?

Hi,

I managed to hose my Win32 installation, so decided to give X64 a try.

Here is a lit of problems I have encountered:

PC won't boot from CD without a sata drive being present...even though my IDE was attached

No version of Windows will install to my IDE drive (This is a new problem)

Couldn't delete a partition on my SATA drive (sorted now)

Server2k3 Won't install due to lack of drivers.[/b[

This is my main problem. I have my SATA drive plugged in to the onboard sata thingy on my motherboard (which just happens to be a Asus A8V deluxe). I have tried every 64-bit driver going (non available from ASUS) and non of them work. The majority will see the hard drive, but then when i select it, the Server2k3 install just hangs. No impressed.

This is a 64-bit board, so I assume it is meant to run 64-bit windows, and there are 64-bit drivers for every onboard item, apart from SATA!?

If anyone who has this board or any info point me in the right direction for the drivers?

Thanks

HougTimo

PC won't boot from CD without a sata drive being present...even though my IDE was attached

That's strange... Never heard of that happening before. Check in bios sata is set as ide (or enhanced mode).

No version of Windows will install to my IDE drive (This is a new problem)

:blink:

Server2k3 Won't install due to lack of drivers.

Most of the win xp drivers work flawlessly in win2k3. Checked on a few systems.

I have my SATA drive plugged in to the onboard sata thingy on my motherboard (which just happens to be a Asus A8V deluxe). I have tried every 64-bit driver going (non available from ASUS) and non of them work. The majority will see the hard drive, but then when i select it, the Server2k3 install just hangs. No impressed.

See my first reply.

This is a 64-bit board, so I assume it is meant to run 64-bit windows, and there are 64-bit drivers for every onboard item, apart from SATA!?

Usually the manufacturers of the chipsets integrated on the mobo have the x64 drivers. Check their respective websites...

Thanks

HougTimo

Anytime :D

Finally found some beta drivers from ASUS. At first, no luck. And then I had a great idea.... STOP OVERCLOCKING!

I feel such a prat now LoL

HougTimo

All is well with both my hard drives

lol, nice one. according to some people x64 is worse at overclocking...