[Help]Disable Windows Driver Signing Warning

ricktendo

I have an Unsigned 56k Modem Driver, when I install it a warning pops up asking me to Cancell or Continue Anyway.

dps9ua.th.png

I made my own 3rd Party Driver Pack, with only the neccesary drivers for my mobo and stuff, this includes the unsigned modem driver.

dps1xz.th.png dps8ez.th.png dps4yx.th.png

I want to slipstream the modem driver with DPs Base but I want to turn off Windows Driver Signing Warning to prevent the warning from popping up during windows setup/install

Is there an addon or setting in nLite that can do this?

Thank you

Edited by ricktendo64

I always use the default method 2

but I will use any method to not have it pop up

what method do you recomend rogue?

Am I right to asume that if I just use the default DPs Base settings that it wont pop up like it does during manual install?

DPs Base will copy the files and windows wont check if it is signed or not

Edited by ricktendo64

I exclusively use method 2. A little while back I was using my own hybrid of 1 and 2, but I've found 2 is almost always the faster install and it's certainly the best for space. One of the inherant benefits of method 2 is the WatchDSP.exe. That should be preventing the warning you are getting. So I guess I'm curious if WatchDSP.exe is somehow not executing for you. Perhaps your presetup.cmd is looking in the wrong place. Presetup.cmd, while great, can be very difficult to debug because you don't get any error messages.

No im not getting the warning during windows setup, I havent tried it yet, I get the warning during manual install I just want to be sure it wont happen during the Windows Setup, im asuming it wont happen.

Right?

So what your saying is that DPS Base will prevent it from happening, if I just integrate it using the default settings, so im overeacting, it just wont pop up.

Edited by ricktendo64

You should test out your install in a virtual environment before using it on a physical machine. It's not a perfect process, but generally if something screw up in a VM, it will surely screw up on a real machine. Microsoft's VirtualPC is now free, so there's really no reason to not do this.

I can tell you that since I made the switch to method two, which was well over a year ago now, I've yet to encounter a driver signing pop up.