Hotfixes wont install

Hi, I was wondering if any of you are able to get the following hotfixes installed, and what options did you use?

WindowsXP-KB821253-x86-ENU.exe

Q810565_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB823559-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB820291-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB817778-x86-ENU.exe

Q814995_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe

Q327979_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB282010-x86-ENU.exe

They will not install with the options that they are supposed to use, and when I try to test install them on the command line, it will act like its starting, take up cpu for a few seconds then die without any prompting whatsoever. Is there some other set of options I should be using with these Hotfixes? BTW, a ton of hotfixes do install correctly, the ones above are the only ones not installing. Thanks for any help you can give me.

ECHO Installing KB821253

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\KB821253.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q810565

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\Q810565.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

That two hop this helps

:)

ECHO Installing Q814995

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\Q814995.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing KB823980

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\KB823980.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing KB823559

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\KB823559.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing WindowsXP-KB817778-x86-ENU

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\WindowsXP-KB817778-x86-ENU.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

There we go i thinks that all of them use the swiths to install them

PS. You do have the right version of the fixes dont you

:)

Have you used the QFECheck tool to confirm installation of these hotfixes?

Also, you have to reboot to complete the installation of these hotfixes, they don't take effect immediately as system files have to be reloaded.

Actually I am using windows update to check to make sure the updates are installed. I did use those switches for the hotfixes as well, and I know they are the right ones, because of the hotfix ID in the filename. I just found out that they are creating log files in C:\Windows that looks like it is unable to access a file from the extract process for some reason. I tried to download one hotfix, but it still does not seem to want to install. I will try to redownload the others, and let you know what happens. Also I did reboot, and qfecheck does not report these hotfixes installed.

EDIT

Ok, when i install 821253 through user interaction, it installed successfully. I then verified with qfecheck, and it saw it as well. Does anyone know any reason why it would not want to install with /Q /M /Z or /Q /U Z? I tried both.... Thanks for all your help so far.

Yeah if I use the /Q /M /Z switches, it will run, which can be seen in task manager. It will run for a bit, then quit. I use the qfecheck utility, and it doesn't list it, even after a reboot. But they will execute fine if I manually go through the point and click interface. It doesn't make any sense to me.

maybe that they are damage in so way that makes the switchs not work i cant think of any other reasons for wat is happening with them are you shaw that they are for your version of Windows XP not the home ones when you need the pro one's

Yeah its possible it could be the wrong patch, even though they hold the same filename. This happened when I tried the IE6 Cumulative Patch on Windows Server 2003, when it was designed for XP.