media players with integrated codecs

SourceCode

Just for the record; those are no codecs, they're just splitter- and decoder filters.

I don't know any other program with media stuff integrated than the ones you mentioned above.

This is confusing, it sounds like MPlayer, VLC, and FFDshow technically have integrated codecs through Libavcodec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libavcodec

Also I believe MPlayer has the ability to transcode certain formats.

Just like CoRoNe I do not know of another player at this time that would fit the criteria.

As for a list of media players here's a good place to start ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_media_players

that's perfect, thank you DigeratiPrime.

p.s. corone, i didn't ask for a dictionary... and it turns out you were wrong anyways, lol.

and since you answered my question with "I don't know any other program with media stuff integrated than the ones you mentioned above." that means my intent was clear.

in the future don't troll, or if you do at least add something meaningful to the conversation in the process.

"Joined: 5-July 06"...haha.

Those are quite some words you throw at me there! I guess it turns out you can't take criticism very well, because the only thing I told you was that it's not "codecs" which are integrated within MPC of VLC, but splitter- and decoder-filters, or can you make some MP3 out of a WAV file with MPC or a MKV[XviD+Ogg] out of a DVD with VLC? I don't think so.

Also please tell me where it turns out I'm wrong anyway?

Besides you're telling me what to do? Who do you think you are? I'm not posting that much on these forums anyway. I just felt like I needed to clarify this codec/splitter/decoder-thingy up a little, and if you disagree with me, please proof me wrong, instead of shutting me up.

I do have a hunch where I think I was wrong according to you.

Also I believe MPlayer has the ability to transcode certain formats.
This is correct, MPlayer indeed has the ability to do this, but this doesn't mean these codecs are somehow integrated within MPlayer. You all have to download them separately.

SourceCode you have only been a member for a few days and I am going to have to raise your warning level for flaming; if you have any issues about this pm me about it.

I consider CoRoNe an expert in this matter and he was only trying to help by clearing the confusion between codecs and filters/splitters. Also I don't see where he said anything that was false or trolling.

From what I know I believe none of these players really incorporate 'binary codecs' because of licensing problems aka non-opensource. I think many people just want to over-simplify things by calling filters codecs. :)

If you find another media player that fits this critera please share it with us.