How to copy files greater than 4GB?

I have a DVD with a 4.4GB file. I tried copying it with Windows Explorer and it says "Not enough disk space to copy". There is 15GB free space on my hard disk.

So I use Cygwin (www.cygwin.com) to try to copy it onto my hard disk. It starts and keeps on going. Then it says "No space left on device". However it did copy 4GB across.

Is it possible to copy a file bigger than 4GB?

if it is a movie this might be a copy protection that is doing that

search on google for progs that are doing that

i know some but i dont know if a can tell it here because it's "ilegal"

i'm sure you'll find a lot on google

try that

I think net_user may have it, if your drive is formatted with Fat32 then your limited to a filesize of 4Gb or less. If it is fat32 then consider converting it to ntfs using 'convert c: /FS:NTFS' from a command prompt.

I've had to do this to nearly all the new PC's I've bought off the shelf, for some reason some manufacturers insist on installing them on FAT32 formatted drives.

I think net_user may have it, if your drive is formatted with Fat32 then your limited to a filesize of 4Gb or less. If it is fat32 then consider converting it to ntfs using 'convert c: /FS:NTFS' from a command prompt.

I've had to do this to nearly all the new PC's I've bought off the shelf, for some reason some manufacturers insist on installing them on FAT32 formatted drives.

FAT32 allows max fiesize of 4GB only

ntfs theoretically allow any filesize