Help and Support Issues

GSPack

When I click on the start menu in Win Xp Service Pack 2, Even after a complete reinstall of this off a brand new download CD a few days ago.../

When I click on/Start then the Topic "Help and Support" which is just below"Set Programs.." and Just above the "Search" menu I get a box up the says "Windows cannot open H&P because Service is not running. To fix this problem, start the service named "Help and Support"

Can anyone explain this? Is this a Dell thing or a Windows IE6 thing. I did find some files in a Search with this but no instructions that will allow me to install these files. I have been all in Windows Home searching for a solution to this to no avail. Other than that it might be free help and something about downloading a program called "Guide Help"...naturally I cant find the download for that... LOL :no:

So now I am :whistle: Dixie for all my frustrations........

Remember I am an old lady and if you give me instructions it must be in "OldLady" language....

Thanks a bunch for lending an ear.....

GSPack

I used to have similars problems with pre sp1 XP. Unless I was connected to the internet Help feature simply would simply refuse to work. I never could fiund any solution to it. Come sp-1 the problem was resolved.

Aparrently this is a service that may have been used by previous owner and no longer available. I found what you were talking about. I think it is either part of Dell when it was new or the internet AOL the owner was using...anyway it is not accessable anymore....:(