website hosted from 98 laptop?

• 5 weeks later...

This is pretty neat!

I want to do something same. I have spare pc that runs ubuntu linux, suse linux and windows xp sp2 pro. On all operating systems xampp is installed (it's a package with apache, php, mysql, ftp, perl). I can run everything fine and view my website by typing http://localhost

What I don't understand is the address that would it be to that pc and how did you forward port 80? That pc is connected wirelessly to a router.

I see that you only run apache, I guess it's safer than xampp. Itr would be wonderful if anybody could help me out forwarding port and getting web address to that pc.

I can also run server 2003 r2 on it if it helps. :}

Edited by Kamil

Ok I got to work, I had to forward port 80 to host pc. :thumbup Now I can play with sql :sneaky:

Edit: I got another questions, I put 50mb file to the apache's folder and tried to download it, how come download speed was 3.80mb per second :wacko: maybe it's because I'm on the same pc.

Now I will redo this on Linux on my xbox.

Edited by Kamil

Ok I got to work, I had to forward port 80 to host pc. :thumbup Now I can play with sql :sneaky:

Edit: I got another questions, I put 50mb file to the apache's folder and tried to download it, how come download speed was 3.80mb per second :wacko: maybe it's because I'm on the same pc.

Now I will redo this on Linux on my xbox.

thats exactly what it is, if you download a file from your own computer, of coarse its going to be fast :lol: