Outlook profiles (Multiple)

gavin1961

I have been tryiung out 'Thunderbird' for about 6 months and on the whole am disapointed with it. There are real problems sometimes with sending and the system has issues with Acrobat. There also is no clalander.

Anyway... I am back using Outlook and am happy with it but for one very significant thing. I am hoping someone can help me with this.

In Thunderbird you can setup a folder (outside of 'local folders' for a seperate e-mail address (or indeed several)/. This floder comes with inbox, sent items, deleted etc and if you send from that particular folder the outgoing e-mail automatically is atributed the appropriate infor such as sender's name, e-mailetc.

The only way I can do this on Outlook is to set up a whole new profile and log out and back in with the new profile. It seems impossible to set up muliple accounts on the one profile. This means (as I don't want to log in and out) that I must set up lots of 'rules' so the e-mails go to their respective (set up) folders.

If I then send a mail (not using the reply feature) I must manually alter the sender details so as not to use the default.

I am not an expert (obviously) with Outlook but nor am I stupid.... Am I mising something?

Thunderbird, as I say does have problems but the idea of being able to use multiple accounts really is a big plus.

Cheers

Gavin

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the feature you are looking for is only available in Outlook Express (not the Outlook bundled with Office). The Outlook bundled with office only creates profiles per User login (i.e. For each individual user on your PC). A potential workaround could be to create such accounts and when launching outlook, right click on it and choose Run As...and login as that user. Furthermore, you can hide these user from showing up the login page (essentially, we are just creating hidden user accounts...not the best way to go but for your situation, it may work).

Edited by JuMz