ipod nano or shuffle

sven

alright, so i looked on the internet after my weeks of work from school, and found a new project for me to do. idk if you've seen them, their shufflephones. now, i already own a 3rg gen big ipod, so this will influence the following question. should i get an ipod nano for this, or an ipod shuffle. firstly, i'm not sticking to that plan 100% i might by a set of headphones that go behind the ears, and just attach it in the back becuase i'd want to keep the cable to use the headphones later. i might do the mod, and have it hidden in the headphones, but now that i think of it, i might look like a freak with a huge set of headphones. so tomorrow im gonna go check out headphones and see what i can do. either way, here's my idea. i want to mount either an ipod shuffle, or an ipod nano to a set of headphones. now, the big question, which one do i get?

points to remember

- it wont be my main mp3 player, i have a a regular ipod for that.

- it has to be durable

- price is no issue, i'll pay the extra 30$ for a nano

- i have a 14 gig library, so i need to make a playlist either way

- i will either buy a 1 gig shuffle, or a 2 gig nano

- the nano will only have 2 playlists max if i get it

so tell me what you think. i personally think i should get the shuffle, becuase with the right playlist, all the songs that come up will be good.

As someone you know that has a shuffle, I suggest you get it as well. Why? The nano is more fragile. Without the proper enclosure, you may damage the screen and it may become a shuffle itself (Get it? iPod without the screen? Never mind...) Another reason why: That mod was made with a shuffle, not for a nano, and your nano may be a bit too big to fit in the headphones without damaging them further. Also, what's the point of getting a nano when you already have an iPod with a screen? I got a shuffle because I hate carrying around my 20GB iPod in my pocket (huge bulge). The shuffle doesn't take up much room, and yes, it would be the same with the nano, but you still gotta watch out for that screen.

If you've already got a full iPod and just want something for the 1-2 hour workout routine, then go for the shuffle.

Honestly - that's the only case where I would ever recommend getting a shuffle. Other than that, they suck. The fact that you don't have a screen just annoys me, and since I've got 28GB of music and only 512MB to fill on my shuffle (it was free from TD), it's kinda a pain. :}

I'm waiting until later this summer when 6G iPods come out, so that the 5G versions take a price cut. I don't need full video support - my laptop does that just fine. :)