cant copy and paste

Well I did it but dont know what I did. I cant drag and drop anymore or copy/cut and paste. I searched the net and it said I may have a possible virus infection I downloaded 2 good virus scans and both tells me I am clean.

Any other solutions to get my features back?

If drag and drop or copy and paste (or both) fail, it's almost always a problem with OLE. If you've got a machine that is working, you can do the following to get this one fixed:

1. Open DCOMCNFG tool from a working machine, and connect to the problem machine.

- In dcomcnfg -> Component Service -> Computers -> right click -> New -> Computer

2. Type the failing machine's name

3. Right click problem machine's name, click properties

4. Go into the Default COM Security tab, select Edit Default for Access Permissions

5. Make sure Self and System are present with Access Permissions to Allow - any other accounts should be removed

6. On the same tab, click on Edit Default for Launch Permissions and check to make sure you have Administrators, System, and Interactive with Allow permissions

7. Export HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Ole key from the working machine

8. Import the Ole key into the non-working machine, and reboot

This should get you up and running again.

Edited by cluberti

you may need to reregister some dll's, though I couldn't tell you which ones. when this would happen on win 98 boxes you could reinstall IE and it would reinstall OLE. Maybe hunt for OLE reinstall/repair.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the clipboard service running. If not, turn it on and try Cut/copy/paste.

Well I did it but dont know what I did. I cant drag and drop anymore or copy/cut and paste. I searched the net and it said I may have a possible virus infection I downloaded 2 good virus scans and both tells me I am clean.

Any other solutions to get my features back?