[Lan] workgroup swithcer

i need a freeware and free standing program {no installation required} so that i can change

"Workgroup" and the default gateway/router i.p. it would be used on a laptop that needs to connect

to several different workgroups and gateways/routers.

i've searched google and sourceforge without luck. there are some commerical programs

but they require installation.

a script or a .cmd file would work.

does anyone know of such a thing?

You couldn't get it to work or it doesn't do what we are talking about?

I've never actually used that program but it has been part of my standard toolkit for a good while since it seemed like a really handy app to have around.

Edited by TAiN

it appears to do what i need but it doesn't seem to work.

when i click the "Activate" button a window pops up{PLease wait....... Applying Settings....} but does nothing.

i click the "Refresh" button, i get an error message saying that "service could not be started,because it is disabled or no enable devices are associated with it".

i have used to guide and at this point i will have to say it doesn't work. i must be able to use a dhcp server to obtain the i.p. apparently this part of the program doesn't work.

i am not able to change workgroups or any other settings either.

thank s for the urls Tain. i've tried a couple of them but they too exspensive and some didn't work.

bartpe comes with a plugin call "penetcfg". the executable file,"penetcfg.exe", that is in the plugin works but is slow and requires manual editing. it does work however, and is freestanding and cheap{free}.

i will stick penetcfg unless i find a better solution.