Joining a Domain

I created one Unattended CD, that automatically joins my home-domain. Everything works fine, except one (major) thing.

When the XP Setup is finished, you are prompted to login. If you login as Admin on the local machine, the batch processing starts and eversthing gets properly installed. But if i login with my domain account, windows starts (it takes an unusual long time) and no batch processing is started. Any idea why?

Which local group does your domain user belong to? If your DOMAIN\User after installation belongs to LOCAL_MACHINE\Users, you cannot start installation. Your domain user should be in group LOCAL_MACHINE\Administrators.

• 1 year later...

Using RunOnceEx:

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v AutoAdminLogon /d 1 /f

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultDomainName /d "DOMAIN" /f

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultUserName /d "Domain_Admin" /f

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultPassword /d "password" /f

BTW you should use GP to autoconfigure administrator group globally.