Fredledingue

Solved!

Successfuly uploqded 450kb!

GeoCities Control Panel

Upload results

REZTO3_portes.JPG

- Uploaded successfully

What's up?

I re-installed the D-Link drivers twice before without any result.

I downloaded the so called driver update from the D-Link site: their installation package did't work at all + the files in the update were identical to those on the CD.

But they included a small uninstaller (not included in the cd) and I used it according to their instructions. Then re-installed the modem from the original CD.

Something had to be de-installed.

Thanks to all those who helped me :):hello:

Edited by Fredledingue

A computer Guru whom I have the privilege of knowing personaly told me that XP is faster on the internet than w98++. Does it make sens?

IME, I feel that the website server responsiveness is more important a factor in the speed I recieve the datas than my own system.

Edited by Fredledingue

A computer Guru whom I have the privilege of knowing personaly told me that XP is faster on the internet than w98++. Does it make sens?

No, it doesn't. The data packets have equal speed, the TCP stack is not much different if you don't need anything special, and if you mean by "internet" browsing the web - it may be even slower on XP because of some of the computer power is consumed by the operating system itself. You can compare yourself that W98 systems are much more responsive than WXP systems with the same hardware. The web site rendering will not be quicker on WXP than on W98.

IME, I feel that the website server responsiveness is more important a factor in the speed I recieve the datas than my own system.

Yes, it may be that some websites are very slow, it depends.

Petr

Computer guru, or xp fanboy? kidding, kidding... Most likely, windows 98 would be faster, but it depends on your hardware. i have to say again though, 98 will usauly be faster because it has less to do in the background. Edited by janus zeal