Weird Psshutdown Problem

Here is the problem in a nutshell. I have slipstreamed sp1 into an unattended install of xp. I followed the guide and looked through the forums for a solution. I made sure that I was using the right version of psshutdown.exe.

PSShutdown will not work in the load once everything is installed - it gives an error about contacting the service and closes the cmd box. When I try to run it manually by itself it gives me the syntax for the command (thus verifying that it is installed) but when i use psshutdown.exe -r OR pssshutdown.exe -r -t 60 - both of these give me the same error message.

This is the exact text below:

Error establishing communication with pssshutdown service one MYHOMEPC: The network location cannot be reached.

:)

Yeah, I had the same problem in Windows Server 2003 where the Netgear FA311 card wasn't installed by Windows Setup, and psshutdown failed to function.

EDIT: Just got an email from SysInternals, and they say that a NIC is required for PsShutdown to function. If you don't have a NIC, or are unable to get the drivers installed during Windows Setup, then you're out of luck I'm afraid :/