Problem with new computer and windows XP pro

Resurr

I am having a problem with my new computer specs are as follows

DFI nforce4 expert venus motherboard

amd 4400+x2 64bit chip

2gb PQI turbo ddr duel channel ram

74gb western digital raptor sata

gainward geforce 7900GTX golden sample 512mb

the problem i am having is i install windows and it installs fine on first boot it starts fine

and also runs fine however after i reboot after the first boot it does not start windows it halts before the windows xp boot logo i have tried installing all the drivers before i reboot i have tried installing half of them and i have tried non of them and i am always getting the same problem can someone please tell me what i can do to rectify this problem

thanks in advance

it just stops with a black screen just beofore the boot logo comes up

if i goto F8 then press boot with last known good configuration it stops at a black screen before the logo comes up

if i goto start normally it stops on that screen the timer counting down stops at that number and it just sits there

if i goto safe mode it gets to mup.dll or something and stops by stops i mean that the h/d stops making sounds the cpu fan stops becouse it only starts when the chip is under load which makes me think that it just isnt doing anything i am shure it is a windows problem or a setting on the mainboard i just cant figure out what i have read the manuals but cannot see what i have dune wrong

the gainward geforce 7900GTX golden sample 512mb is a pcie video card and the harddrive is sata i dont think there is a problem with the drive as it installs windows fine and runs on first boot fine same with the graphics card however do i need to install something that might be stoping my 2x 7900gtx in sli mode from allowing windows to boot

So your problems just appear after installing drivers ? isolate the problem by installing windows then reboot your machine several times to be sure you dont face the problem, then install drivers one by one until you isolate the problem, also check your event viewer for any related errors.