Adobe Photoshop CS2 Update 9.0.1

ajua

It works people. Follow the install shield instructions.

code from my sfx installer

@echo off
cmdow @ /HID

cd /d %~dp0

REGEDIT /S activation.reg

start /wait msiexec /i "Adobe Photoshop CS2.msi" transforms="Adobe_Photoshop_CS2.mst" /qb UNITYSELECTION="RETAIL" SERIALNUMBERTEMP="removed"

xcopy icoformat.8bi "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Plug-Ins\File Formats" /Y

REGEDIT /S registered.reg

mkdir "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product Licenses"

xcopy B2B86000.dat "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product Licenses" /Y

REM Update to 9.0.1

cd PSUpdater

start /wait setup.exe -s

exit

See screenshot. It's updated.

post-94394-1150422294_thumb.jpg

already test the -s switch and it doesnt work for me neither.

it start setup.exe does something and closes the process (all silently) but photoshop didnt report the new version change as in your screenshot.

why is too complicated to update all adobe programs? hope adobe realize that they need to improve patch updating their app and soon.

- install PS9.0 (/QN)

- installing patch

- removing/replacing shortcuts

registration info is done directly by the installation. Activation isn't done. I didn't know it was possible to unattendedly activate PS. Will test that later on. Hope it works like that!

that could be the problem, because I never activated it on my test pc, and I didn't know it was only copying that file you said above ;)

EDIT: didn't work...

Edited by Jeroeneke

Eh, what do you mean with that .iss file ? I can't see anything of that in your last post...

EDIT: Sorry, I must have looked over it! Testing now ;)

EDIT2: It worked with the .iss file!! Thank you ! Only thing that didn't work is the registration, but that isn't such a big problem ;)

Here's what to do that uders don't have to read all posts:

- run the patch setup.exe with the -R (case sensitive) command (....\setup.exe -R)

- copy the file 'setup.iss' from your windows location (C:\Windows) to the folder where the setup.exe from the patch is in

- then run the patch like this: '....\setup.exe -s' (use -f2"c:\log.log" if you are installing from cd)

works perfect! ;)

Edited by Jeroeneke

Did you opt to create the log file? If you're running a silent InstallShield installer from a CD (or any other read-only medium), you need to specify a location for the log file. The proper syntax is on the previous page, but I just want to emphasize that point. I don't understand why this wouldn't be working for you guys.