Using WPI to install apps from a separate CD

I've searched for a post about this and couldn't find anything, but I think I may have figured it out. What I want to do is keep one CD with just Windows w/current hotfixes and one CD with current drivers/apps that I want to install. And I want the Windows installation to call the installation of the drivers/apps from the other CD. The reason for this is I can keep my Windows CD intact and only have to modify my drivers/apps CD for newer versions or changes for apps that I want to install.

I figure WPI is an excellent choice for installing the drivers/apps this way, I just need to be able to call WPI from the Windows installation while having it run from a different CD. After editing the WPI.cmd this is what I came up with:

I changed the CD-check file from WPI.ico to CD.txt to establish the %CDROM% variable. I did this because I need to check the drives/apps CD for the WPI.ico file to make sure the right CD is in the drive. Of course there will now have to be a CD.txt file at the root of both CDs.

REM Example, how to look for CDROM-drive. Must have WPI.ico at the root of the CD.
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\WPI.ico set CDROM=%%i:
echo Found CD-Rom as drive %CDROM%

changed to:

REM Example, how to look for CDROM-drive. Must have CD.txt at the root of the CD.
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\CD.txt set CDROM=%%i:
echo Found CD-Rom as drive %CDROM%

I then added these lines to check for the correct CD before continuing with WPI:

REM Determine if CD in CDROM-drive is WPI CD.
:WPIcheck
if exist %CDROM%:\WPI.ico goto WPI
echo Please insert WPI CD in drive %CDROM%:
pause
goto WPIcheck

:WPI

Lastly I changed wpipath to run from CD:

:WPI
REM Determine the WPI startup path.
REM if wpi should run off the cd the replace %~dp0 with %CDROM%.
set wpipath=%CDROM%

That's it. Could some please double check my scripting to see if this will have the correct result?

Thanks in advance.

You have to make sure your CDs _both_ have cd.txt or whatever id file you want on them. After that, you have to either take out the cmdow @ hid line, or add your custom check for correct cd line before it. Something like this:

REM Example, how to look for CDROM-drive. Must have CD.txt at the root of the CD.
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\CD.txt set CDROM=%%i:
if exist %cdrom%\cd.txt goto exists
goto notexists
:exists
if exist %cdrom%\cd1.txt goto cd1
goto cd2
:cd1
rem The commands for CD1 go on the next line

goto exit
:cd2
rem The commands to be executed for CD2 go on the next line

goto exit
:exit