WinXP logo then Black screen... after switch ON

coucou

Hi,

Yesterday evening i installed my Unattended WinXP Pro +appz DVD... Everything went FINE!

After 1st use, i clck "Start" then "Exit" and exit normally then switched OFF... Everything went FINE!

Today, I switched ON my computer and start windows... I got the WinXP logo as normally, then i got a black screen (the hard drive become quiet -no head access).

I test starting in "Safe Mode", "Safe Mode" OK!

I restart the computer, again I got the WinXP logo as normally, then a black screen (the hard drive become quiet -no head access).

I restart from my DVD then i selected/typed "R" Repair

I got a scrren display for

1: C:\WINDOWS

I typed 1 after few seconds the system reply with

C:\WINDOWS

I typed exit.... The systam restart and again I got the WinXP logo as normally, then a black screen (the hard drive become quiet -no head access).

How can I get ride from that black screen???

Do i run the "Repair" correctly???

Regards

coucou

Edited by coucou

Surely...

What driver???

As I wrote here above i have black screen then it's probabily my ATI and/or catlyst drivers.

But as i'm not hearing my hard drive (seek/head access), what else driver could be???

Regards

coucou

I recently experienced the same problem. My problem actually occured after my gf's dog knocked over my computer. Turned out to be a corrupt NTFS partition. Had to repartition/format to fix it. But the problem could be caused by a wide range of things. Best bet would be to reformat/reinstall

Yeah!!!

But i stay puzzled!

It's a complete real fresh installation. It works one time only!!! Moreover, i made a complete (Not the quick) NTFS format during the installation.

Strange!!!

coucou

Edited by coucou