[WLAN] Cant view computers with different ISP

Hi everyone. I am sakulati and I am just wondering why I cant view other computer that have different dsl provider although we belong to the same workgroup? We have 2 dsl providers and our network and internet distribution is Wireless through a linksys Wireless G router. Here is the scenario: My computer uses GLOBE dsl tru a linksys wireless router. My friends computer uses PLDT dsl tru a linksys wireless router (both configured as DHCP). But we both have the same workgroup. How is that, I cant even access his shared files neither view his computer in my network places? or even using a UNC \\computername, the path does not exist. Can you pls help me? there must be a way for this and I know Microsoft has tested this already. Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Gouki

Hi ripken204, Unfortunately, those two linksys routers arent connected. I'll make a UTP cable for them and connect it altogether. Hope this will work. I'll message you if it doesnt hehehe :) Thanks so much for your help.

Indeed, both computers must be connected to the same router and on the same subnet. SMB computer access should not be routable through the internet.

Are you and your friend in the same household?

I just read your reply. Connecting the routers will not work; you'll need to connect the computers together directly through a second NIC in each of them with a crossover cable, unless one of you decides to leech the internet off the other and connect through the same router.

Edited by 5eraph

Hi friends... I already placed a UTP straight through cable from one linksys wireless G to the other linksys wireless G. Still I cant view the computer on the other DSL provider. Pls note that my friends computer I am trying to connect with is connected to a Linksys wireless G router which in turn is connected to a PLDT dsl modem. My PC in the other hand, is connected to another Linksys wireless G router which in turn is connected to a GLOBE dsl modem. Note also that we have the same subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and same workgroup as DOVE. Why cant I see his computer? gives me a headache because I want to connect to his shared printer but I cant connect! only those computers connected to the same dsl modem can connect to each other. Pls help me.

You'll have to either share a router or connect the computers together directly, as I stated above. I know of no other easy way...

are you guys both using the same network segment, or are they different? can you ping any of the PCs?

Theoretically, connecting the routers should work, but the routing tables have to be set up in the router so that they know where to send the data.