SVCHost

sakulati

Hi All, I have a big problem regarding my SVCHOST.EXE it keeps popping up every time I start a process like opening IE, applications, downloading attachments... I tried to use system restore and still its there. I also tried cleaning the registry, still its pops. Who can help me? I know your all good in computers. I need your help. Pls do...

svchost is vital to windows as it controls all the services that run from dlls. It should be located in your Windows\System32 directory,

i would suggest you download Process Explorer check the location that this svchost.exe is constantly popping up from to make sure its not in a different directory,if it is then it will be a virus. also try typing this command from the run box. sfc /scannow

Also you should try running an antivirus scan + an online scan

http://housecall.trendmicro.com is a good one to use

Edited by ScubaSteve

Hi ScubaSteve... I already tried scanning it with McAffe's because the laptop is already pre installed with antivirus and yet nothing seemed to be found. No virus at all! I really can believe this that every time I start IE, SVCHost error would say something like: "SVCHost.exe has generated an error and will be closed." Although I can still use the IE but the error msg pops out every 5-10 minutes. Note: When I restart or boot the laptop, an error msg is displayed that "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has been shut down by Windows" something like that, and when you click OK, it keeps poping out until you click 5-10 times then it stops, then I can work already. Its pretty bothering. Also, in that window, it says something about DEP (Data Execution & Prevention) and when I go to DEP, SVCHost is there in the exceptions list. Any idea?

You're likely going to have to download and monitor your machine with process explorer (or install the debugging tools for Windows and get an adplus -hang dump of the svchost.exe PID that is causing the issue, when it's happening). Otherwise, we're all just doing educated guessing.