IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers

Hello all.

i have a small problem,

when i had Windows Xp Home Edition i could disable my Nvidia nforce 4 parallel ata controller whit no

problem, but now i have Windows Xp Pro sp2, and when i try to disable i will get the message

you must restart windows for this effect to take place,

and my question is how can i disable it whit out restarting (what i could do with Xp Home)

i got the following sys.

Windows Xp Pro Sp2.

MSI K8N Neo 4 Pl (Nforce 4 Ultra)

AMD CPU

ATI GFX

hi and thx,

well the thing is i need to disable it and then enable it whit out restarting the pc or getting in to the bios.

or do u mean that there is an option in the bios which i can disable, so that i don’t have to restart after disabling?

Regards.

pathfinder, Welkom op het MSFN.org forum.

Like nitroshift is telling you, just disable the SATA option in the BIOS and XP wil not ask you again to restart. You could also istall your drivers right, download the latest version, and keep it enabled.

I saw this problem with more motherboards that had no SATA drives installed.

hi and thank you.

well one of the problems im having is to find the right drivers,

i really don’t know if i have the right SATA drivers.

i got MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum Mobo can u guys tell me where i can find the right drivers,

i went to msi.com and downloaded the NVIDIA nForce4 System Drivers but when trying to disable i still get the restart question.

i can turn it off bios but id much rather get the right driver.

well nitro it,s not why i want but why i cant,

so can any one tell me what drivers i need ( is there a tool i can download witch can download all the necessary drivers)

so can any one tell me what drivers i need ( is there a tool i can download witch can download all the necessary drivers)

you can get either sisandra or everest home edition. don't know too much about sisandra, have only used everest.