XPize 4.3 won't allow me to use other themes

seanmcgpa

Hey guys,

First of - love XPize. Thanks for all your hard work.

With 4.2 I could use themes like Luna Element instead of the Media Center style / Royale theme.

After recently reinstalling XP from scratch, I installed the new 4.3 but can't get any other themes to work.

Luna Element 5.05 is installed, I see it in Windows\Resources\Themes but I can't select it in Display Properties. My only choices are the standard Windows XP Style (with default color schemes), Windows Classic or Media Center Style with Royale.

I have tried double clicking the LE5 windows theme file directly in Windows\Resources\Themes ... still nothing.

Tried reinstalling Windows from scratch AGAIN thinking I screwed something up .. no joy.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Did you patch your uxtheme.dll?

Doesn't XPIze 4.3 automatically patch UXTHEME?

I am sure it would have to ... it installed the "Royale" theme and I am using that, I just can't use any OTHER theme. What am I doing wrong?

I am sure it would have to ... it installed the "Royale" theme and I am using that, I just can't use any OTHER theme. What am I doing wrong?

Royale can be used as it is a theme from Microsoft & is digitally signed by them for use by the defauly uxtheme.dll, re-run the XPize setup file & repatch your uxtheme.dll file & all other themes will work :)

Regards, Drew

Thanks.. I did just that and now everything is working.

However, I ask again - doesn't XPIZE 4.3 automatically patch uxtheme.dll? In the installation options, I recall a "patch uxtheme.dll" option which I did select. Why do I need to repatch something if XPIZE is already patching it?

Thanks for the advice,

Sean

Royale can be used as it is a theme from Microsoft & is digitally signed by them for use by the defauly uxtheme.dll, re-run the XPize setup file & repatch your uxtheme.dll file & all other themes will work :)

Regards, Drew

perhaps a windows update since you installed the last version of xpize has overwritten the patched one

uxtheme.dll patching is enabled by default but maybe on this one off chance it didnt work this time :(

glad to see everything is workin ok now tho :D