3400 Sempron + Asrock k8nf4g

m1ck

I don't know why M1CK calls Asrock "crap", the are a breakaway from ASUS and use the same

design staff.

If PRATHAPML uses one, they must be OK, he does a lot of research first.

I have used several 939's in the field and have never had a problem.

:hello:

Yup, ASRock is ASUS in many ways :). D*mn good products, only the first P4 motherboards they had were a bit picky on RAM and Harddrives...

EDIT: PRATHAPML uses it b/c it cheap and runs a few games too ;).

There is also a rev 2.0 of this mobo... "Windows Vista™ Hardware Ready" added :P

Edited by puntoMX

I don't know why M1CK calls Asrock "crap", the are a breakaway from ASUS and use the same

design staff.

If PRATHAPML uses one, they must be OK, he does a lot of research first.

I have used several 939's in the field and have never had a problem.

:hello:

i was actually making a joke i dont think asrock boards are crap but it there are net a lot of ppl on the net who seem to think they are cheap and cheerful *crap*, i personally am on my 2nd asrock board and i love em because from my experience the are very reliable and also very cheap to buy. Just wanted to make that clear :whistle:

edit :also just in case its important, mine is a socket 754

Edited by m1ck

If C'n'Q is working you will be able to set the CPU voltage settings; can you do that? If you can´t set the voltage then your CPU is not C'n'Q compatible.

Let me download and update the BIOS now, give me a hour :P...

Edit: looks like a better BIOS then 1.6, before I got it to 250MHz FSB, now to 266MHz. I use 2800+ CPUs @ 2127MHz and RAM on 425MHz (DDR, cas. 2.5, "brand" A-DATA).

Question: What kind of DIMM do you use? What do you run on that computer? Any games?

i have 1gb ddr400 ram but i dont know what make it is (cas 2.5 (-=Bios the black arts=-)), i run battlefield 2(which runs gr8 albeit on low settings) half life 2( on board gfx cant handle it), gta sa

call of duty 2 however does run pretty good also

also fl studio 6 demo seems to be good seeing just how stable my system is after overclock change or speed update.

oops sorry about that....should of made this all 1 post

Edited by m1ck

if you could get RAM that supports 488MHz DDR then your video performance would be better. HL2 runs great indeed on this onboard video :).

Just used neweg.com again :P: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....SubCategory=147

wow!, i always thought onboard gfx was a bit limiting but i learn something new everyday, i have decided to get a Sapphire Radeon X850 XT 256M GDDR3 PCI-E VGA which will hopefully do a good job fingers x'ed as its getting harder and harder to justify the cost of all this to my wife. :D

pci-e vga card

Nice card indeed for the price. Always better then the onboard VGA. Why did you buy the motherboard you have now? For over clocking a NV8 from ABIT would be a nice choice. On all CPU´s I got 300MHz HTT with 1.5/1.6volts for the CPU and that with a “room” temperature of 25-28oC ;).

Nice card indeed for the price. Always better then the onboard VGA. Why did you buy the motherboard you have now? For over clocking a NV8 from ABIT would be a nice choice. On all CPU´s I got 300MHz HTT with 1.5/1.6volts for the CPU and that with a “room” temperature of 25-28oC ;).

well it was a bundle off ebay which worked out cheaper, overclocking hadn't even entered my mind until i got this board :thumbup who knows next time i might look into it more.

For more information you could look here. I´m sure you will like it ;).

great link thanks for that.

i have just been reading i think on about page 3 approx.

Where they're discussing the onboard gfx and it got me thinking to try hl2 again when i loaded it up everything was set to high, so i set all gfx settings to low and to cut a long story short worked my way through the settings.

i am now playing hl2 again but on all high settings albeit with an 800x600 resolution but wow! this motherboard never fails to amaze me. theres also no stuttering anymore and i get an average fps of about 40 which makes this game very playable indeed, now.....wheres my far cry dvd :D

thanks again matey its very much appreciated :thumbup

Edited by m1ck

Far Cry runs great, also DOOM 4 en Quake 3 at 800*600 / 1024*768. HL2 runs here at 1024*768 at high settings.

The link I gave you get´s more interesting when it comes to voltmod that motherboard to get 1.55v, you only have to make one bridge with a "conductive-inkt"-pen. :). With 1.55v I bet you will get a 200/300MHz more out of your CPU.

Far Cry runs great, also DOOM 4 en Quake 3 at 800*600 / 1024*768. HL2 runs here at 1024*768 at high settings.

The link I gave you get´s more interesting when it comes to voltmod that motherboard to get 1.55v, you only have to make one bridge with a "conductive-inkt"-pen. :). With 1.55v I bet you will get a 200/300MHz more out of your CPU.

i will read further also half life 2 substance runs great too :) but that conductive pen job sounds very very interesting.

"Soundblaster Live 5.1 for game/midi port only"

What the... :blink::o:huh:

Why would you do that? The onboard sound isn´t half as good as your old SB Live! 5.1 :hello:.

because i use the audigy 2 (also has no midi port) for sound which has a much lower latency than a soundblaster 5.1 because it can use asio drivers. and this motherboard has no midi/game port which i need. :)

Edited by m1ck