AIM Ad Hack 4.14 and 5.0

kai445

These are the switches to do an aim ad hack install (so after your silent aim classic or triton installs, you can then silently get rid of all the junk). This removes ads, enables cloning, keeps the original aim logo. It's very nice. /norestart is unnessicary, but I left it there. If you want to remove cloning, just remove the word "cloning"

CHANGE (& #34;) to Double Quotes (")!! For some reason the forums mess them up, even when I wrap the strings in [ code ] boxes..

AIM Ad Hack 4.14 switches:

/COMPONENTS="nosecondrow,nogamesnosecurity,aod,aolbrowser,aoltoolbar,viewpoint,netscape,wt,weatherbug,mysearc
h,toolbar,original,cloning" /VERYSILENT /NORESTART

Fortunately the AIM Ad Hack 5.0 for Triton is silent, but, when it performs the uninstalls on each component, two of the components let you know they were successfully uninstalled, and AIM starts up, so an AutoIt script will be needed to finish it off. And unfortunately AutoIt's "run" command wont pass switches to the installer, so this requires two files.

PART 1 of 2: AIM Ad Hack 5.0beta21 AutoIt Script:

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

Run("TritonAdHack.cmd")

ProcessWait("A~NSISu_.exe")
ProcessClose("A~NSISu_.exe")
ProcessWait("B~NSISu_.exe")
ProcessClose("B~NSISu_.exe")
ProcessWait("aolsoftware.exe")
ProcessClose("aolsoftware.exe")
ProcessWait("aim6.exe")
ProcessClose("aim6.exe")

Sleep(2000)
ProcessClose("aim6.exe")
ProcessClose("aolsoftware.exe")

Exit

PART 2 of 2: AIM Ad Hack 5.0beta21 CMD Launch (note the name of the .exe, change accordingly to whatever you name your Triton. No spaces in .exe allowed. Also, the whole command must be on one line.):

TritonAdHack5021.exe /COMPONENTS="ads,hostmanager,aolbrowser,aoltoolbar,aod,sysinfo,tbsetup,loader,iphsend,plaxo,viewpoint,ampx,wt
,weatherbug,mysearch,toolbar" /VERYSILENT /NORESTART

Aim Ad Hack can be downloaded from http://aimadhack.webhop.net/, you may need to "right-click" and "save as" to save the downloads. This is personally my favorite extension for removing things because it removs all the junk and ads, without adding anything else. Well, it adds cloning.

Lastly: If you can figure a way to get parts 1 and 2 into just one autoit script, let me know.

and if you are tired of having to do it all yourself, this .rar has the scripts and the aim ad hack all in it. Just unzip the files to the same folder, execute the file "TritonAdHack.exe" , and it'll run. The .au3 script source is included in the rar also.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18461777/Triton...Triton.rar.html

Edited by kai445

If i recall correctly, wasn't Aim Ad Hack bought by AOL not too long ago? Does that mean that it's no longer trustworthy or what?

Umm... I dont think it was, cause hes been releasing new versions. I've decompiled the inno installers he uses to find out the switches to use, and didnt see anything particularly nefarious in there.

I'd say 100% trustworthy.

• 2 weeks later...

what switches would you use if you wanted to download aim using this installer then use all the default options, but keep it silent.

Edit* the switch is "ainst" without the "" for anyone interested

Edited by twizt3d

• 3 weeks later...

Lastly: If you can figure a way to get parts 1 and 2 into just one autoit script, let me know.

@kai445 - This run command should get you taken care of....

$cmd = 'TritonAdHack5021.exe /COMPONENTS="ads,hostmanager,aolbrowser,aoltoolbar,aod,sysinfo,tbsetup,loader,iphsend,plaxo,viewpoint,ampx,wt
,weatherbug,mysearch,toolbar" /VERYSILENT /NORESTART'

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $cmd,@ScriptDir,@SW_HIDE)

Note - Like in the code you posted be sure to replace the double quote

Hope this helps