Integrate Firefox Addons / Plugins

Plasma

I've got a Cab'd version of Firefox for use with nLite, I'm wanting to integrate a few extensions in the build too. They are all in .XPI format.

Anyone any ideas on how I can manage this? either by integrating them in the Firefox install or as a separate install. If someone can tell me how to do it I'm ok will packing / building the installer my self.

Cheers

Plasma

if you start if from a *.bat/*.cmd file:

IF EXIST "%programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" for %%e in ("%cdrom%\Install\Mozilla_Firefox\*.xpi") do "%programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -install-global-extension "%%e"

if you start it directly from the commandline, replace each %% with %. you can remove the IF EXIST check, too! and of course, adjust the path(s) accordingly!

hope that helps.

Edited by WotC

This one's more flexible:

@echo off &setlocal EnableExtensions
For /f "tokens=3" %%? in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 1.5\bin" /v PathToExe') Do If errorlevel 0 Set Ff=%%?
If "%Ff%"=="" Goto :EOF
For /f %%x in ('dir /b/on *.xpi 2^>^nul') Do (
Start /wait %Ff% -install-global-extension %%~dpx%%x
)
endlocal

Just throw your extensions in some folder and launch this script, let's call it FfExts.cmd.

Worked fine for me so far.

nice, indeed. however, i some problems with this script. it sets the %Ff% variable to "c:\program" because it should be "c:\program files". obviously it stops when encountering a space. any solutions?

/edit:

FOR /F "tokens=3*" %A IN ('reg query "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" /v "Personal"') DO SET mydocs=%A %B

does the job

Edited by WotC

Dаmn it, you're absolutely right: As %ProgramFiles% is set to Programme in my development environment, I didn't take account of the whitespace.

Try this (untested):

[…]
Start /wait "%Ff%" -install-global-extension %%~dpx%%x
[…]

It's merely quick'n dirty, there should be a more elegant solution, though.

Edited by Mikka

This one's more flexible:

@echo off &setlocal EnableExtensions
For /f "tokens=3" %%? in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 1.5\bin" /v PathToExe') Do If errorlevel 0 Set Ff=%%?
If "%Ff%"=="" Goto :EOF
For /f %%x in ('dir /b/on *.xpi 2^>^nul') Do (
Start /wait %Ff% -install-global-extension %%~dpx%%x
)
endlocal

Nice try Mikka, how's this?
  @ECHO OFF &SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS
FOR /F "TOKENS=3 DELIMS= " %%? IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox" /S ^|FINDSTR "\<PathToExe\>" 2^>NUL') DO (IF ERRORLEVEL 0 (SET FFFP="%%?"))
IF NOT DEFINED FFFP (ENDLOCAL &GOTO :EOF)
FOR /F "DELIMS=" %%? IN ('DIR/B/OD *.XPI ^2^>NUL') DO (IF ERRORLEVEL 0 (START "" /WAIT %FFFP% -INSTALL-GLOBAL-EXTENSION "%%?"))
ENDLOCAL &GOTO :EOF

Notes:

• Any lines not beginning with two spaces have line-wrapped
    On line 2 `delims=<tab>`

wow - this is even nicer! i was curious about the version number - but now... can anyone top this? please? PLEASE?!

but again i have the problem with the whitespace, so i need:

FOR /F "TOKENS=3*" %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox" /S ^|FINDSTR "\<PathToExe\>" 2^>NUL') DO (IF ERRORLEVEL 0 (SET Firefox_Path=%%A %%B))

furthermore i have problems when using a <tab>, thats why i changed to 3* and %%A %%B...

Edited by WotC

wow - this is even nicer! i was curious about the version number - but now... can anyone top this? please? PLEASE?!

but again i have the problem with the whitespace, so i need:

FOR /F "TOKENS=3*" %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox" /S ^|FINDSTR "\<PathToExe\>" 2^>NUL') DO (IF ERRORLEVEL 0 (SET Firefox_Path=%%A %%B))

furthermore i have problems when using a <tab>, thats why i changed to 3* and %%A %%B...

There should be no problems with whitespace in my code, both variables used are enclosed within quotes and spaces are not used as delimiters!

As for a tab problem, my only guess is a limitation with your editor and /or chosen font. Try using the attached copy, in order to prevent duplication of that problem.

ffext.zip

i suppose the problem with the tab was that i tried to copy to a cmd window and the tab got removed :-(

as for the quotes/whitespaces: you are right, it works your way, BUT i wanted to use your command to read out the My Documents path and include e.g. the "My Pictures" path. this, however, is not possible with the quotes, is it?

@ WotC

You should be able to do that with this!

@ECHO OFF &SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS
FOR /F "TOKENS=3 DELIMS= " %%? IN ('REG QUERY "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Explorer\Shell Folders"^|FIND "My Music"') DO (SET USERMM="%%?")
IF DEFINED USERMM (ECHO/Your 'My Music' folder is located at %USERMM%)
ENDLOCAL &GOTO :EOF

Obviously DELIMS=<tab> still.

<Edit>

note

Just change the stuff inside the parentheses on line 3 to suit your requirements.

</Edit>

Edited by Yzöwl

sorry for not stating this clearly. what i'm doing (after a clean install of windows) is searching for a certain file on harddrives (right now the file Default.rdp, because its more or less common on the computers i'm taking care of) and setting the registry value of HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Explorer\Shell Folders to that path (i want to change from the Default.rdp file to a certain folder (i.e. Documents), though this is on progress right now). afterwards i want to overwrite the My Music setting in the registry with the same path (just add \My Music), the same with the My Pictures folder,...

so right now i do:

1) the %mydocs% value i get from here:

FOR /F "tokens=3" %%B IN ('ECHO list volume ^| DISKPART.EXE ^| FIND.EXE "Partition"') DO if exist "%%B:\Documents\Default.rdp" SET mydocs=%%B:\Documents

im searching also certain paths containing whitespaces - so if i do a SET mydocs="%%B" i end up with a path (stored as the variable %mydocs%) looking like "E:\User Files\Documents". if i attach a \My Music" to it i end up with "E:\User Files\Documents"\My Music". you see the problem? its not a typo (the quote before the \My). afterwards i want to

2) write the according path of the My Music folder to the registry:

reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" /v "My Music" /t REG_SZ /d "%mydocs%\My Music" /f

so IF i can do a search for a folder (to clearify: i think the right term would be i need a recursive folder search) some day AND write the path of this folder to the registry (including whitespaces, Music, etc) i would be glad :-)

Edited by WotC