Clean OR Custom?

ickle_jitta

I advise against ever hitting upgrade on an NT 6 installation. I always do a clean installation. Once more, I always install in a virtual machine. All the alphas and betas have been crap. I don't even mess with them any more because they're just depressing. Do what you want. =/

I advise against ever hitting upgrade on an NT 6 installation. I always do a clean installation. Once more, I always install in a virtual machine. All the alphas and betas have been crap. I don't even mess with them any more because they're just depressing. Do what you want. =/

You are really wrong to install it in a VM machine

1:\ VM machine limits the graphics

2:\ performance unless you have a lot then it will be very slow as compared to a real install

There has been alot of improvement in each release build, the only real bad build I tested was 5270, I could not get that to run for a hour with out a blue screen.

As to the original question build 5308 supports upgades but it is buggy, I would not recommend this method. The best way is a clean install, on all released version of Vista.

You are really wrong to install it in a VM machine

1:\ VM machine limits the graphics

2:\ performance unless you have a lot then it will be very slow as compared to a real install

I really don't care. :rolleyes: I have two 5400RPM disks to run images from. I have a 7200RPM drive with a 16MB cache that I run the vmdisk from. Vista runs like s*** on the host and if anything I notice an increase in performance when it's in a vm. Other than that, Vista is an unsupported piece of crap. I can't do anything on it.

There has been alot of improvement in each release build, the only real bad build I tested was 5270, I could not get that to run for a hour with out a blue screen.

I would like to see what we had at PDC03 minus memory flaws. That's what we really need.

As to the original question build 5308 supports upgades but it is buggy, I would not recommend this method. The best way is a clean install, on all released version of Vista.

In the 4xxx releases, there was no upgrade option. This is why I do not use it. Not now. Not ever.

In the 4xxx releases, there was no upgrade option. This is why I do not use it. Not now. Not ever.
This was supported in build 5308 but as I said it way to buggy, since the poster never said what build he had

and the only version that supports upgrade is 5308, I would assume that he has this build, and not some old alpha builds

Why would you want to use a alpha build to upgade I mean I do even use the beta build to upgrade?

I really don't care. I have two 5400RPM disks to run images from. I have a 7200RPM drive with a 16MB cache that I run the vmdisk from. Vista runs like s*** on the host and if anything I notice an increase in performance when it's in a vm. Other than that, Vista is an unsupported piece of crap. I can't do anything on it.

That is wrong it wil run a lot faster as a real install not some VM machine. Share what you are smoking and I might agree with you :D

Build above 5308 have made a lot of improvements in speed and stability, I have had both build running for over 2 days with no memory leaks and have been happy with the improved performance.

I have had no problem playing Sniper Elite, using Psp9, running a FTY server, and using my Bittorent client. I also use VB.net 2005 and VBSEdit, and JsEdit.

I am not saying that there are not any problems there is, it a beta and it to be expected, example Alcohol 120 does not install and on build 5342 it wrecked my install.

Vista I have not seen any memory leaks like build 4015 that just blew and I know some of the other alpha builds had that problem, but those where before the beta started, and so much has change since those builds where released. Those where alpha build we are in Beta 1 and are getting closer to Beta 2 releases.