How to over come our silly ADministrator

rudy75

our system admin , is soo silly , he is not allowing us to change the wallpaper even ,s o any one can help me wth this ?? and i would be grateful too ,, we r usin a windows server 2003 ,thanks

I'm an admin in our Company and I've also forbade the change of a wallpaper. This can be done via group policy and you most certainly don't have permissions for it..

You can kindly ask your system admin to make one policy and apply it just on your PC in which he would allow change of a wallpaper..

well ,, seems he is kinda showing off , so im sure he will say no , and wiull still not allow me to change my wallpaper ,, its a personal freedom , so is there any chance i can do so wthout him knowing ??

im a computer graduate ,, and i was thinkin there might be away ,, jst to escape the frontation wth the Admin ,, i mean seems he hates me much ,, as im working directly wth the General Manager ,, so is there any one else who can help ??

I too am restricted from changing my wallpaer from the deafult right click > props > wallpaper. However, I can still change the wallpaper. Just download the wallpaper you like, open it, right click it and click "Set as desktop background". This works like a charm for me and the GPOs don't change it back. :whistle::thumbup

Edited by ringfinger

you could change it but the next time that you logon GPO would change it back to so it would be futile

If he has the right policies set then all of the options to change it will be greyed out, other than using a utility (*cough*IE*cough*) to change it.

I too am restricted from changing my wallpaer from the deafult right click > props > wallpaper. However, I can still change the wallpaper. Just download the wallpaper you like, open it, right click it and click "Set as desktop background". This works like a charm for me and the GPOs don't change it back. :whistle::thumbup

The GPO doesn't change it back only because a standard wallpaper isn't being forced in the policies. If this was configured then it would change it back (see attachment). :)

We setup our machines with a standard wallpaper (organization logo), but we do allow our users to change it. It's a morale thing. :)

What we don't allow them to change is the screensaver. We're required to have a screensaver, password protected, with a timeout between 5 and 15 minutes (we split it at 10 minutes).

post-31126-1143852202_thumb.png

We setup our machines with a standard wallpaper (organization logo), but we do allow our users to change it. It's a morale thing. :)

Unfortunately, I have people above me who wanted to prevent users from changing wallpaper and that they should only have our company logo (just like yours)..

So I could be morale as much as I want but can't do nothing about it..

The GPO doesn't change it back only because a standard wallpaper isn't being forced in the policies. If this was configured then it would change it back (see attachment). :)

Guess I don't GPOs as well as I used too lol. Just glad that my company is allowing them to be changed that way. Guess it is a morale thing like you guys are talking about :)

So I could me morale as much as I want but can't do nothing about it..

Morale...not moral. :D

Basically, the happy employee does more work than the disgruntled employee. You'd be surprised how something as simple as setting their own wallpaper can make a difference (for example, they put a picture of their kids/family...feeling a bit down all they have to do is take a quick look).

Basically, the happy employee does more work than the disgruntled employee. You'd be surprised how something as simple as setting their own wallpaper can make a difference (for example, they put a picture of their kids/family...feeling a bit down all they have to do is take a quick look).

I couldn't agree with you more.. :)