Si3114 And Amd 64

I finaly got my 3114 drivers to load during textmode in Windows 2003 Server AMD 64 bit.

When the text drivers load, I can see the Silicon Image 3114 drivers (non-RAID) load no problem but when the text mode is complete, Windows can't find the hard drive. The drivers are for XP 64 and W2K3 64 AMD but I can't understand why they do not work. I have tried Silicon Image drivers and Tyan drivers (the server has a Tyan board). Any ideas ?

THX

Edited by lokiloki2

You really need to provide more information if you want good help. I'm guessing you mean that you're loading the drivers from a floppy and are not directly integrating them into the CD, correct? If so, you need to read the MSFN Unattended Guide more carefully.

OemPreinstall=Yes

This option is default to No but if you are using the $OEM$ Distribution Folders then it needs to be set to Yes, so that Setup regards this installation as a distribution and copies these files over to the system drive. This occurs at the end of Text-mode Setup.

Having OemPreinstall set to Yes will also prevent you from loading RAID/SATA drivers from a floppy disc during textmode setup. The only workaround for that problem is to directly integrate the drivers into the CD, as described here.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/19/

Basically, like the copy/paste I did says, you can't use OEMPreinstall=Yes in your winnt.sif and load drivers from a floppy. It's a topic which has probably been covered more times than any other single topic in this forum, so do try and search more in the future ;)

I have read all the docs. This is from an unattended CD not floppy.

I have all the files and inf's, etc in the correct folders and modified Winnt.sif and txtsetup.sif correctly and the drivers do load in textmode, but the Silicon Drivers 3114 that say they are for Windows XP64 and Server 2003 64, do not work correctly with Windows 2003 64 I believe. The drivers load in textmode but Windows Server 2003 can't find the hard drive to continue the textmode install even after the drivers have loaded.

The same driver works with Windows 2003 WinPE and the hard drive can be found no problem.

When you say "when the text mode is complete", are you referring to the file copy stage? Because it seems what you're really saying is after the initial drivers are loaded and it gets to the partitioning & formatting screen that the drives aren't found.

Again, more information is extremely helpful ;)

Correct, the drivers load correctly they are seen at the bottom of the textmode screen while loading.

Once the textmode starts to switch to the next screen, (partition, etc..) The error message appears, "No hard drives found....." then the rest of the message you of course know the rest of the error message.

thx

I was having the same problem (if I understand you correctly)

under Xp Pro X64 after searching the

Windows XP 64-bit Edition forum I found this salution.

It was acctually for another controller but it worked for me

with the si3114 controller

copy your origanal setupreg.hiv from your CD to your HD

start regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click the file menu and select load hive

brouse to your setupreg.hiv and click open, you'll be asked for the name of a key,

use any name you want and the contents of setupreg.hiv will be loaded below that key

add the following keys and value

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\yourkeyname\ControlSet001\Services\si3114r\Parameters\PnPInterface]

"5"=dword:00000001

when your done, choose file and unload hive.

and place the modified file in your CD source

• 2 months later...

I had the exact same problem (although i didn't try the floppy as the machine didn't have one).

I tried using nLite to integrate the driver with the Windows XP Pro x64 installation with no luck.

I then made the change to the registry as mentioned here (the value for this registry entry is also within the txtsetup.oem under [Config.Si3114r]) and the installation found the RAID 0 drive correctly.

specs: Motherboard Tyan Tiger K8W, dual Opteron, with si3114 configured as RAID 0.