$OEM$ - folder copy

kinji5

Greetings,

First time posting, read through the guides on how to create unattended installation and application packaging.

I have a couple of questions, hopefully someone could enlighten me.

1. If I wanted to create certain folders in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs" I would need to create $OEM$ ... $Doc in the Unattended Cd correct?

I know i skipped a few folders..

2. for application packaging, why does the files need to be copied to the harddrive to install? Reading the guide it says to put the applications you want the batch files to run in the "install" folder and during the text mode of the XP installation it will copy it to the %systemroot%/.. Install folder . Couldnt' the script run the install from the CD?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
The folder that maps to user profiles is $Docs--might save you a few moments of cleanup.

Thanks, Got it, one problem with OEMPreInstall = Yes, that means F6 will be un-usuable?

wouldnt' that create some problems if mass deployement is used with this cd/dvd ?

wouldnt' that create some problems if mass deployement is used with this cd/dvd ?

If some of the machines you deploy to use HDD controllers that are not already part of the Windows driver package then, yes.

But you could manually integrate more HDD controller drivers or use nLite to do it.

• 1 year later...

I have a similar query. I'm making my own MB disk and am creating the $OEM$ folders. I already have a working set of $$ & $1 directories but I'm wanting to drop some things on the desktop via $DOCS\ALL USERS\DESKTOP. This seems easy enough and I make the directories accordingly. However, when I tested the disk, it didn't drop anything on the desktop. I looked around for where the items may have been dropped. I found %systemdrive%\documents and settings\all_users\desktop. For some reason, it's creating another all users folder but uses an underscore to take up the space between the words. Any ideas on how to fix this?