Not able to use the MMC Remote to change channels !

Hi

I have a setup box at home and i have connected my MMC pc to it. i want to use the MMC remote controller to change the channels rather than using the setup box remote, but for some reason i am not able to do so, when i use the MMC remote i can see the channel number changing on my PC but the channel dosen't change actually. I have the remote receiver ( that came with the pc ) connected to the PC ( tru USB ) and i have connected the IR Controller cable to the sensor of the SET Up box. I am able to change channels if i use the remote of the setup box. What could be the reson?? . Also is there any way i can exit out of MMC and come to the desktop of my PC using the remote controller, As of now i have to click on the close button using the mouse ...

it won't work...

its like asking "why won't my tv turn on when i press the power button on my vcr remote"...the are programmed for mce to pick up...

the channel buttons on the mce remote are trainable, so you can make it learn the channel buttons from the set top box...but then you can't use them to change channels in mce...

well, as far as i am aware, i use a DVICO DUAL TUNER CARD...not a STB

and you can't close it using the remote the way it comes, i have heard of people doing it with the help of 3rd party programs...

it won't work...

its like asking "why won't my tv turn on when i press the power button on my vcr remote"...the are programmed for mce to pick up...

the channel buttons on the mce remote are trainable, so you can make it learn the channel buttons from the set top box...but then you can't use them to change channels in mce...

well, as far as i am aware, i use a DVICO DUAL TUNER CARD...not a STB

and you can't close it using the remote the way it comes, i have heard of people doing it with the help of 3rd party programs...

@Panther, i guess we can use the remote of the mce to change channels on the comp, coz for that i have the IR Controller connected to the receiver of the set-up box. Can u gimme some updates on the 3rd party s/w which can be used to exit out of MMC using the remote !!!

@panther i used the Houppage TV Tuner card with Radion video display..