Classic Games Boot Disk for Win98SE

adam9275

I'm looking for the ultimate boot disk which will run classic games (sierra, lucasarts, etc.) on a Win98SE based system including CD-ROM generic drivers, expanded memory support, etc.

I realize there are many by searching google but instead of sifting through the thousands, wanted to know if the experts here could recommend an all-around great one...

I'd also like to know how successful/compatible is DOSBOX on Win98?

I've never ran Dosbox on Win98 (I'm an XP guy) but on XP it's godsent. I would recommend Dosbox because it will emulate most any sound card, mouse, cdrom, etc so you don't have to worry about loading DOS drivers which gives you more avaible base ram.

Because of these reasons, and the fact you don't have to hunt down DOS compatible drivers with your hardware (it's becomming harder every year) and the fact you don't have to reboot your PC makes Dosbox better than a bootdisk.

How about you just download, install and try Dosbox instead of asking here :P

Edited by travisowens

Getting Ultima 8 to run with SB Live! is difficult. Actually, getting it to run at all is a major accomplishment.

BTW, travisowens: one of my favorite games, Tyrian2000, won't run under XP and, in terms of performance, blows chunks under DosBox. Only Win 98 will work :(

Look through the DOS boot disks available here:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...%2fdoswarea.htm

(Translated for those that can't read Chinese - "shifting plate" means boot disk)

This one is quite good:

super MS-DOS which shifting plate 1.1M this is I does 7.10 to open the shifting plate, takes each kind of driver memory greatly reduces, after the usual start free time basic memory is 625-630K. It comprehensively supports the many kinds of starts way to start, FAT12/16/32 district, big hard disk, big memory, Chinese and English long article name (LFN), DOS opening machine LOGO picture (!) The NTFS driver, the USB driver and so on, as well as the light drives, equipment and so on mouse Inside also has many extremely useful tools
Edited by LLXX

gee that is the ultimate dos 7.10 that i have downloaded last year, btw the full version of that dos is really incredible, it contain apps for playing divx/xvid/3ivx/avi/mpg,etc and playing mp3