blocking sites and words typed

i work in a office with about 20 people. we have t1 setup. whut im trying to do is build a server. i need nothing fancy. whutever computer is hooked up cat5 and is able to access the internet needs to go through the server first. all i need is for the server to block certain web sites and certain words typed while searching the web. is this possible and is there such a program, whuts the best way to do this?

Yes there certainly is a way to do this... You will need to setup a proxy server. There is a Microsoft one called ISA which costs money ... You can also get free proxy servers from Google but I've never used one and can't suggest any particular one.

I'm just asuming you will be using Windows Server 2003?

Cheers,

Doak.

P.S. Here is a free trial for ISA

Edited by doakwolf

You can also install TerminatorX, this is a program that blocks applications and Websites accordingly to what is showing in the title area. It is not free, but you can download a 28 day trial from http://www.warrensoftware.co.uk .

I recently installed it and it works fine for me, you can add words that should be ignored. The programs are shut down when a breach has been detected in the rules.

I have found this list of Proxy software. If the computers use the server to go to the Internet, using a Proxy Server software that could filter request would be a good idea.

I'm sorry for not providing a exact application, but I never used any Proxy Server software before.

See if the list helps ...