HFSLIP and Symantec Livestate Delivery

poed

I don't see anything wrong with the DOSNET.INF file. Do you still get copy errors when booting off the CD (ie, do a regular install)?

Yes, I still do have the copyerror... As I mentioned above I made a 'regular' install from cd built with 60317. I will rebuild with 60322a and retry.

I didn't know that about spx.cab... :)

I still have the same error using 60322a, installing from cd.

Just to be extra clear; I get to accept the license and chose to convert to NTFS, and in the following filecopy phase the error occurs...

Thanks for your help so far!

Pontus

A few things were changed in the latest test release (60324c) which may fix the problems you are having. If they don't, I will have to conclude that HFSLIP is not compatible with Symantec Livestate Delivery at this point. I don't have that program so it's difficult for me to pinpoint the cause of the issue(s).

I'd still like to have a look at the DRVINDEX.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF files from the SOURCESS folder after running 60324c. Maybe I overlooked something...

Edited by Tomcat76

Hi,

There seem to be a little misunderstanding... When I get this error, I do a regular (manual) CD installation - thus Livestate is not involved at all.

BUT, using 60322a (last week) and compress option 'B' I had success!! I finally could install from CD, so I tried with Livestate as well and - It worked ! :) The only problem is a minor; WU reports kb823353 not to be installed.

However,

using 60326f and option 'E' does still not work, installing from CD. The copy error is persistent and the files you wanted is attached.

Thanks, Pontus

attachement.zip

You said: "I made a bootable cd and installed my build manually with winnt.exe"

I wanted to know if you still got the error when booting off the CD (ie, no floppy or winnt.exe involved)

Just to be sure: the copy error during Windows installation is one for SPX.CAB?

Do you install Livestate after Windows installation completes or is it integrated on the CD?

You said: "I made a bootable cd and installed my build manually with winnt.exe"

I wanted to know if you still got the error when booting off the CD (ie, no floppy or winnt.exe involved)

Just to be sure: the copy error during Windows installation is one for SPX.CAB?

Do you install Livestate after Windows installation completes or is it integrated on the CD?

Sorry, my mistake. I will try what you suggest. I haven't made the iso before since I don't need it, but will for testing. And yes, after removing dx9 I just have the spx.cab copy error (using compress opt E)

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Pontus

Pontus--

Please try the new "special" test release. There are two versions in one package. Please follow the instructions (right below the download link) and report back. Thanks.

These scripts (60327a-spx) both failed in the first filecopy on file 'wind_w.chm'.) I used compress opt 'E'.

I installed from the isos created by HFSLIP. I just wonder where I'm supposed to put smartdrv.exe??

//Pontus

You know... I changed one specific thing in each of those spx releases and they couldn't have caused this new problem.

Are you using CDIMAGE.EXE or MKISOFS.EXE? If the latter, is it a release that needs CYGWIN1.DLL?

Other than that, I'd say try a CHKDSK /R on the drive you're using for HFSLIP.

I used mkisofs.exe without CYGWIN1.DLL.

What seems odd is that if I use option 'B', everything works fine from both iso and Livestate. The disk checks out fine and this installproblem is reproducable on other machines as well (which would indicate the disk is not the issue).

But anyway, I am perfectly happy with the 'B' option. This script is awesome and is a great help in any case!

Thanks for your help!

//Pontus

I once had mistakes on the partition I ran HFSLIP on. I got copy errors during installs and on different computers. A CHKDSK on the drive showed the problems and fixed them (some of the "damaged" files resided in the SOURCE folder). Then I deleted the SOURCE folder and copied the files from CD again. The problem was gone.

I only changed the handling of SPX.CAB in those spx test releases. "wind_w.chm" isn't part of SPX.CAB so a copy problem with this file couldn't have been introduced with those releases.