nLite can install Office during unattended install?

I got a quick question, it's needed for a school's project.

I have to make an unattended WinXP installation and need to include the Office XP.

So, my question would be:

Is it possible to let nLite install Office while installing WinXP?

If yes, was there a tutorial I missed? Or isn't it possible?

So my goal would be to have Office XP installed on the very first completed boot.

Thank you for your time and interest if there is any.

Edited by Yezpahr

you mean slipstreaming office into winxp installation cd?

if you found the way to make application silent and switchless install type, maybe you can try with office too

but i can't guaranteed that cause office installation maybe asking you for cd, and just some info i already have a switchless office2k sr-1 with serial number has allready filled (unattended office) so it must be not a problem for me to install it on silent. and now i've made 1 unattended cd that contain win2k + usp5.1 + office2k + freeware softwares and all only ~690 mb

Edited by Dels

First go there for officexp or there for office2003 these are guides to show you how you can slipstream service pack in office and how to customize it's installation and add the serial

after when you finish with this go there this is a guide to show you how to make an nlite addon

in the config.txt add this :

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-"
;!@InstallEnd@!

when you finish just integrate it with nlite from the hotfixes section and you'll have office installed with windows

i have done it with officexp and it works fine

the only prob is that windows takes a lot of time to install with this inside cause it takes a lot of time to extract it

another way is to not compress it and not integrate it as addon

but just do the things that are in the guide in the first links i gave you

and add the customized office files in $OEM$\$1\install\Office directory of your xpcd

and then run it with a batch file from guirunonce with this command :

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Office\SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

and it will run on the first boot of windows

good luck :hello:

btw : you will need a dvd recorder

this will not fit on a cd

exactly

the simple thing is add the source of the office into windows installation source JUST BEFORE you make the iso (click explore before make iso)

and

like Invisible Gr said before if you integrate it as hotfixes you maybe need a dvd but try to add it as source and a cd would be fit (just cleanup a bit,like removing ie folder,etc) i did this simple method with my win2k + office2k sr1 cd cause integrate it as hotfixes will give me a half day to install :)

Edited by Dels

hehe, I suppose I'd better tell school to buy themselves a dvd-burner now...

Oh well, I need to shrink WinXP even further, because I would have to buy that dvd-burner myself... Thnx for this help you guys!

I just hope I can get it all on 1 cd, even though all guides tell me it's impossible. hehe.

Thnx again and you'll hear from me if it worked.

No need for that, Yezpahr. As long as nLite is integrating Office, it may as well shrink your Windows source too. Also, OfficeShrinker is compatible with the Dutch version of Office, if that's the one you're using. My unattended CD contained XP Pro w/SP2 & all hotfixes at ~240MB--Office added only 67MB more. That left enough space to include a pile of silently installed apps.

You might want to look in the nLite Application Add-On subforum, where your original topic was moved--might be a reply or two awaiting you there.

• 2 weeks later...
btw : you will need a dvd recorder

this will not fit on a cd

Hehe, at school I had no dvd burner. But I still managed to get it on.

The WinXP is 111.1 MB and the Office is somewhere around 400 MB's.

I wasn't allowed to shrink Office anything beyond the normal way. The normal way is considered that ORK thingy. So I stripped Office from it's help files and other stuff, that's why it only shrunk for 150 MB's to ~400.

Nice size. After install, the whole installation (WinXP + Office XP) took 899 MB.

Well, the project succeeded and I'm going to use nLite for own use now.

Oh, for the wizzkiddies:

The running WinXP took only 41 MB's of ram while normal use.

After I closed down Explorer and the SVChost.exe (all 4 of em) it ran on 25.6 MB ram.

To prevent the system from rebooting after SVChost is shut down, open the Run dialog and type "Shutdown -a" (without the quotes).

25.6 MB RAM!!!! Dude, I got 2 gigs of ram on my board, just think of how much free ram I have now!

Oh and thnx for all!!!

Edited by Yezpahr

You probably disabled lsass & smss with those svchost kills. Manual shutdown of services through Task Manager and shutdown abort are inconveniences you probably wouldn't want to repeat for each logon, especially with so much onboard RAM. 40MB commit charge is a resource use most Windows XP users never enjoy. I'm glad you had success.

Edited by Lazy8