Why Windows NT based operating systems are so much better than piece o

Link21

:D You started your own thread just to bash 9x what a meathead.lol.who waisted their time worring about what os is better usually newbies do that.The latest os is always better because of support and we all know most appilication are tested and geared to run on the newest os if they choose to support 9x i guess they wanta get every dollar on the 8% of people still running 9x.if u use 98se and u just run apps that u like geared for 9x and surf i guess its all u need and if your a techo geek you alreay tryed vista 5432 ctp.besides eveyone knows that every new os outshines the past one so waisting your time preaching to 98 user that dont wanta change upgrade cause they dont use their pc much is just pointess,And you know a forums designed to help people not run down a os you are so lame.Go play your turbo grafix 16 and have a nice day .

This is an NT forum. Of course it can be used to bash POS Windows 98/ME.

So here's where Link21 went... in the NT forum... :lol:

Strange that there aren't any threads in the 9x forum bashing NT OSs :P

Nobody said you can't make a thread in the 9X forum bashing NT.

Link21 makes a dumb argument.

This argument is a good one. Windows 98/ME are POS operating systems. Enough said. Imagine how much better performance would have been if games were designed for Windows 2000/XP only the last four years. It would have been so much better as NHL 2006 and NBA Live 2006 demonstrated.

You can't even compare Windows 98/ME to Windows 2000/XP because Windows 2000/XP are light years better. Windows 2000/XP always were and always will be light years ahead of POS Windows 98/ME. It would not be wise to compare how Windows 98/ME were for their time to how Windows 2000/XP are for their time because Windows 2000/XP are SO MUCH MUCH BETTER EVEN for their time than POS Windows 98/ME ever were for their time!! That is because at least Windows 2000/XP are a real 32-bit OS, and not just some Window Manager on top of a 16-bit architecture with 32-bit extensions.

Edited by Link21

You can't even compare Windows 98/ME to Windows 2000/XP because Windows 2000/XP are light years better. Windows 2000/XP always were and always will be light years ahead of POS Windows 98/ME. It would not be wise to compare how Windows 98/ME were for their time to how Windows 2000/XP are for their time because Windows 2000/XP are SO MUCH MUCH BETTER EVEN for their time than POS Windows 98/ME ever were for their time!! That is because at least Windows 2000/XP are a real 32-bit OS, and not just some Window Manager on top of a 16-bit architecture with 32-bit extensions.

yup, cause they have different generation :D

considering the core of windows 98 dates back to the early 80s when computers were only a fraction of what they are today, I would say that win98 is a very nice piece of programing. XP of course replaced the aging 98 OS with some new technology. Yes, XP is a better OS but why bash it like you do? Dont you do enough bashing at night?

considering the core of windows 98 dates back to the early 80s when computers were only a fraction of what they are today, I would say that win98 is a very nice piece of programing. XP of course replaced the aging 98 OS with some new technology. Yes, XP is a better OS but why bash it like you do? Dont you do enough bashing at night?

That is why WIndows 98 is so crumby, We shouldn't be using an OS based on technology that was limited to only 640KB of RAM and needed and extender to go above that amount of RAM. ALso, a 32-bit OS should be based on real 32-bit code, not some ancient 16-bit coded crap. Windows 9X is also very inefficient compared to most other operating systems.

WIndows 2000/XP are so much more efficient at multi tasking and resource intensive tasks than Windows 9X could ever even dream of being.