reading experience

o
The much improved
experience for 'my stuff'
– try importing your OPML file!

o
Pages!!

§
Yes, now you can have multiple pages for all the gadgets and feeds you want to you

§
Double click to rename your page

§
Drag your pages to re-order them

o Search for feeds using the new Windows Live Search and add them to live right from search

o Like a search query, save your search by adding it to live.com using a mini-search gadget

o Find feeds using the new Windows Live toolbar and add them to live.com right from the toolbar

- What you can't see

We have done a tremendous amount on our infrastructure; live.com was built on our start.com incubation infrastructure…. With this launch we've deployed a scaleable, geofederatable, higher performance backend which we're looking forward to growing in to

- New gadgets

o
Image search
– search for images right on live.com and enjoy a little slide show of your images powered by the hot new Windows Live search

o
Windows Live gallery
– view all windows live services and add their gadgets if there is one available

o
Gadget gallery
– the latest and greatest gadgets from microsoftgadgets.com, add the gadget you like to live.com with one click

o
Weather
– gorgeous icons, drag and drop of cities and see the current conditions for your default city when collapsed!

o
Stocks
– drag and drop of stocks, collapsed form now shows your stocks in ticker form and chart integration

o
Clock
– track the time in multiple cities, we even have a nice effect for sunrise and sunset!, collapse it to see the time for your default

o
MSN Video
– search for any video you like, or browser across categories and watch them inline right on live.com

Looks far better now. Would have loved gadgets like live messenger ;)

Edited by alsiladka

Perhaps I "don't get it", but I really fail to see what's so great about all of the this new Live stuff. I've been using Windows Live Messenger for a while and hardly notice any difference in what it can do or how, with possibly the exception of the sharing folders feature.

Nothing else about this new marketing campaign has really overwhelmed me either.

Perhaps I "don't get it", but I really fail to see what's so great about all of the this new Live stuff. I've been using Windows Live Messenger for a while and hardly notice any difference in what it can do or how, with possibly the exception of the sharing folders feature.Nothing else about this new marketing campaign has really overwhelmed me either.
its really just a name change ;)