Fedora Inverse Cursors

Scubar

Why would you replace them, when you can set them as default for each user? Isn't this what windows is doing? Just run a reg file with cmdlines.txt and register your cursors and scheme for default user (HKCU/Desktop/Cursors and HKCU/Desktop/Cursors/Schemes). Export settings from regedit. Place Fedora Inverse in $$/Cursors and there you go ... Cursors can be customized - system files can't, I guess that is why XPize must patch system files.

Why would you replace them, when you can set them as default for each user? Isn't this what windows is doing? Just run a reg file with cmdlines.txt and register your cursors and scheme for default user (HKCU/Desktop/Cursors and HKCU/Desktop/Cursors/Schemes). Export settings from regedit. Place Fedora Inverse in $$/Cursors and there you go ... Cursors can be customized - system files can't, I guess that is why XPize must patch system files.

Did you not read what i just said ??? I specifically said i DO NOT want to use $OEM$ folders or reg tweaks to set them. That just leads to extra files and more junk installed. all of my files in my xpized cd have been directly replaced including system files like logonui and ntoskrnl , thus allowing me to make a much neater and cleaner disc.

anyway the problem is that even after deleting all the .cur and .ani from the cursors folder, the system default is still useable. this leads me to believe that they are stored somewhere else on the system. none of the other schemes will work when u try them. It will instead tell u that the file is missing from the Cursors folder. im guessing they are stored in a dll, i have checked the usual ones like explorer, shell32 and msgina but cant seem to find them.

• 5 months later...