[Question] Windows File Protection Error ?

JmcClain_MI

I created a Base Windows XP SP1 Image using NLite(Newest Version) for both the Dell GX280 and Dell GX520 images which work fine for the most part but when installing apps(not all, but in this case Media Player 10) I get the following Error Message - *Windows File Protection Error, Files That are Required For Windows To Run Properly Have Been replaced by unrecogonized Version, To Maintain System Stabality, Windows Must Restore The Original Version Of These Files, Insert Your Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD Now* , The Service Pack 1 was integrated into the OS already and also the i386 Directory has been redirected(Via registry) from the CD to a specified location on the hard drive(Windows\Options\i386), any ideas in how to fix this error?, Thank You in advance.

Title edited -- Please, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

Please follow XP Forum Rules from now on.

--Sonic

You want restore path asked to default path ?

Copy/paste that into a batch .cmd :

@echo off
mode con cols=60 lines=20
color 70
title Fix I386 source ...
set source=YourDriveLetter:
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v "SourcePath" /d "%source%i386" /f >NUL
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup" /v "Installation Sources" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "%source%\" /f >NUL
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup" /v "SourcePath" /d "%source%\" /f >NUL
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup" /v "ServicePackSourcePath" /d "%source%\" /f >NUL
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Transaction Server\Setup(OCM)" /v "Source Path" /d "%source%\" /f >NUL
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSDTC\Setup" /v "Source Path" /d "%source%\" /f >NUL
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\COM3\Setup" /v "Source Path" /d "%source%\" /f >NUL
exit