How to boost TV reception ?

grafx1

Please, i've an Analog TV PCI card, if i had connected it to an old indoor antenna but there is no reception,

is there a way to boost TV reception, or certain indoor antennas ( i don't want to use outdoor one ) ?

also the FM Antenna came with the card is very strange: it is a wire and has a Y shape with 2 black plastics,

how to use it ?

Thank you.

Well you could buy one of those $20-$40 antennas at Radio Shack but you're biggest boost in signal will come from using an taller antenna (I'm talking on your roof, not 1 or 2 feet).

As far as the radio antenna, just hang it from something and let it droop down.

Get a larger antenna and you'll have better reception.

For the FM antenna, you need to hang it so that it looks like a big T:

-------------+--------------
|
|
|
|

The two capped ends are at the top, and the end with the wires goes downward and connects to the receiver.

Edited by LLXX

You could also look into an active tv antenna (has a signal booster inside, but is better than having an antenna folowed by a signal booster as it filters the noise better). As already stated the larger he antenna the better the signal. If you had the space (and the technical know how) i would buy a 50m reel of able, put a connector on the end and leave the reel by the computer (basically having a 50m antenna)