[Question] Installing Windows

Nerwin

I have 5 Portions on my computer and i want to reinstall windows (Drive C) and reformat, if i reformat will it erase the data on the other portions?

Question # 2

I want to reformat becasue I installed a new sound card and a video card, will my computer be any faster if i reinstall? if not can anyone give me tips to make my computer faster?

Specs

Intel P4 3.2Ghz W/HT 800FSB

1 GIG of ram

250 GIG Sata HDD

ATI Radeon 9250 128MB 400Mhz AGP

Creative Live Sound Blaster! Sound Card

And Windows Xp Pro W/Sp2

If you need anymore info, Just ask.

when you say "Portions" you mean partitions, right?

and yes if you reinstall windows your computer will be faster because windows will think as the sound card and video card as "pre installed" and they might even work better!

when you say "Portions" you mean partitions, right?

and yes if you reinstall windows your computer will be faster because windows will think as the sound card and video card as "pre installed" and they might even work better!

Yes i Mean partitions, Can i install on a partition ( C drive)? With out Losing my other data on the other portions?

EDIT: I Backed up my Data on a External HDD.

Edited by computerMan

If you only format C then the rest of the partitions will be fine, you won't lose anything unless something goes wrong.

Is there anything i should do before i install windows, Like delete partitions, uninstall Programs or anything else?

No, you just format the Windows partition and reinstall Windows.

If you want to make Windows faster without reinstalling it you can couple of things.

1 remove any unnessecary program

2 defragment your harddrive

3 scan for spyware/ virusses

4 clean the registry

I did reinstall, and it's not working, it will reboot when it says its going to reboot in 15 seconds and when it reboots it will boot from the cd and start to install again, i always have this probelm.