When is CMDOW copied to system32?

When is CMDOW copied to system32?

As, cmdlines.txt calls a batch file during install, that contains...

"cmdow @ /HID"

During the install, the command prompt window says its an unrecognised command...

So I added this to the batch file

@echo off
SetLocal enableextensions
SET CDROM=%~d0

COPY /Y "%CDROM%\$OEM$\$$\system32\cmdow.exe" "%systemroot%\system32\"

cmdow @ /HID

To manually copy it... thing is, is I still see the command prompt window pop up for a second, as it copies it.

What do you mean, anyone?, kelsenellenelvian answered your question.

All files in the $OEM$ folders are copied at the end of the textmode setup (Before you see the pretty windows that says 39 minutes remaining)
this means that if cmdow.exe is inside the structure you say it is, then it will be copied, subject to the correct setting within winnt.sif, at the stage stated. If it is not being copied, I would suggest you check your winnt.sif for the following
    OemPreinstall = Yes

Hey guys calm down, When I was reading this topic I had no replies at the time of me replying... Obviously two people replied whilst my window was open.

Cheers for the input fellas!

Hey, Ryan, you're supposed to be a mind reader!!! Haven't you learned that yet??? lol

@antonio_king You do know what that file is for, yes? I mena, you don't really need it. It just makes things go better. Did you check your System32 folder to see if it is in fact there? If not, please do that first. Then make sure it is in the $oem$ folder, which as noted gets copied as a whole during the text setup phase.

To be more precise: it gets copied over to your hard disk immediately after all the windows files are copied over and befgore the first reboot.

If that is not happening, then something is wrong with either your placement of the file or the command path. Check those, look for the file, and pay attention to these folks who are answering you. They are seasoned professionals who know what they are about. When they say "refresh", don't explain why you didn't - just do it, maybe apologize for not doing it sooner, and then say thank you. You'll find things go smoother. :^)

@RyanVM

Why would I need to provide any more information?

Yzöwl Provided me with an answer that worked

OemPreinstall = Yes

Hence why I said...

Cheers for the input fellas!

Plus, not sure what happend about the refreshing, I never keep an internet page open for that long, but i'm 100% certain I didnt see any replies when I replied!

:thumbup